• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    I've used a set of Hogue Nylon grips for my SP101 with great success... they're nylon, not rubber, so kinda 'stiff' but with some sort of padding (neoprene ?) on the back strap... maybe???

Patched

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 4, 2021
    Lake County
    Does anybody know which elastomers Hogue and Pachmayr use?

Just because something is rubber, doesn't necessarily mean it contains Latex.
    I thought the term "rubber" meant from the rubber tree - i.e. latex.

Latex allergies are weird. It also means avoiding certain fruit e.g. bananas, kiwi, watermelon.

As far as small revolvers try running some full wadcutters in it. That’s a proven effective stopper from snubs and very easy to shoot on the hands. The full wadcutter doesn’t need speed it cuts full 38 caliber holes in sternums and gets to the goods.

Awls defense rounds are all blast and no night in small guns.

That said if grips is still a need some guys like the soft backstrap on crimson trace the bad news they don’t make them without the laser so how bad do you want the grips?

Good luck

My N fame is listed as a 2.5" barrel. So the defense loads light everything up.

Wadcutters may work well - especially if the recoil is lighter.

I never even thought about Crimson Trace. Their website says "hard polymer" grips for one N frame option. The squishy one has "rubber oversold".

Good options to consider

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    I thought the term "rubber" meant from the rubber tree - i.e. latex.

Latex allergies are weird. It also means avoiding certain fruit e.g. bananas, kiwi, watermelon.

My N fame is listed as a 2.5" barrel. So the defense loads light everything up.

Wadcutters may work well - especially if the recoil is lighter.

I never even thought about Crimson Trace. Their website says "hard polymer" grips for one N frame option. The squishy one has "rubber oversold".

Good options to consider
    The shatter barrels 2 ish inches self defense loads just don’t get fast enough to reliably expand. They were all sort of made to expand. The one exception is the Speer 135 gr Gold Dot short barrel it does probably the best of any in under 3” barrels not sure about the blast though.

But if you like hands free flash-bangs then whatever you like 125 is your friend!

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    The one exception is the Speer 135 gr Gold Dot short barrel it does probably the best of any in under 3” barrels not sure about the blast though.
    I can speak to the flash...it's not bad. I've shot the 135gr SB Magnum load in the dark out of a 2" barrelled 640 Pro and there was no significant blast. The magnum load is actually pretty mild for a magnum, too, at right around 1050fps out of that same gun. Speer did a great job developing that load...I wish it was easier to find.

Top Bottom