• ...and so much more!
  • JTinIN

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2010
    Home Range Richmond
    Been playing with the "common" HK sear host guns for years and have been looking at another host gun for the last year, ranging from a 7.62x39 to a G3K or possible stick with a 308 kit for the MM23eK or save for a complete MM21e (or heaven forbid sell off a Tittle II Sten to ge a Tittle I firearm ;-).

Have used and/or owned the more common HK host guns (MP5K-PDW, MP5, MP5SD, MP5/40, "HK"53, "HK"33K, HK93/G33, HK91/G3, "HK"21, HK21e, HK23e and the MM23eK), however, have not had the chance to play with some of the ultra short rifle hosts (Jeff's Dragon's) nor any of the 7.62x39 host guns.

For now not really strongly interested in another pistol caliber host gun (a MP5/40 or MP5/10 would be nice for shooting steel but with the end of the ISSMC not a pressing reason, besides I need practice with the MP5 ;-).

Friend send me an XS drum in 308 to use this summer, which has raised the interest in a sear host for 308 (might be as simple as checking the accuracy of the HK91s and using the least accurate rifle with the sear ;-), The G3K looks interesting but for the money have to decide if worth losing five inches, in particular with current 308 ammo prices as the low cost ammo in the shop will some day be gone ;-(,

Thus the reason for this thread is in part to get ideas and in part see if a couple of us can get a HK host shoot setup, possible some day shoot at KCR or Old Trails (if the numbers are low).

Jeff's 7.62x39 Drum Cut "HK"52
    [ame]http://youtu.be/r3kooQizD5s[/ame]

Jeff's 7.62x39 "HK"52k
    [ame="http://youtu.be/FBypqFH0oYc"]http://youtu.be/ssC8aqgzSKM[/ame]

Take Care
    John

Last edited:

goneshooting

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2012
    HK host shoot !

JT looks like you shot almost every HK host there is. I have a V51 and some other hosts that you have allready shot. Would be interested in a shoot in Indiana I just dont feel like filling the paper work out to cross state line.

JTinIN

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2010
    Home Range Richmond
    51k this was at one of gillys shoots
    SANY2832.mp4 video by samot_photos - Photobucket

or my personal favorite the 53k
    quick fast controllable little package that accepts beta mags
    this is my gun
    with friends pack
    SANY2767.mp4 video by samot_photos - Photobucket

Have a couple 53s (one from Vector and one from Mike) and figured along with some type of 9mm, a 53 was a must have for a sear owner. The 53K is interesting but have never fired one, yet ;-). The 51K really appears to be almost too much of a good thing.

JT looks like you shot almost every HK host there is. I have a V51 and some other hosts that you have allready shot. Would be interested in a shoot in Indiana I just dont feel like filling the paper work out to cross state line.

Wish there was a good public access range in Indiana for NFA items, agree the paper and drive is a pain. Have a couple close friends that I shoot at their place, but over the years friends don't invite guests to other people's ranges and stay friends ;-). So locally I can have a guest or two over to one of two private ranges that I am a member of, however, one limits the guess to only come twice in the guests lifetime (too many only one of the guys sign up to get a key), can only use my guns and 100 yards is off bipod only. The other limits the shooting to paper and you need to keep the rounds on the target, thus good to sight in a MP5 and short a 3 round burst out of anything bigger (but great to test optics on machine guns ... different thread ;-).

samot

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2009
    Your mamas house
    Imo
    The 53 & the 53k shoot totally different .
    I would much rather shoot the 53k with sear than a standard 53 ......
    53k is much faster ( to me )

JTinIN

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2010
    Home Range Richmond
    Imo
    The 53 & the 53k shoot totally different .
    I would much rather shoot the 53k with sear than a standard 53 ......
    53k is much faster ( to me )

I am guessing the recoil is down on the 53K due to the muzzle velocity being down. Assume the rate of fire could be adjusted by changing locking pieces.

Thanks for the data points and making me look at 53Ks again (too many hosts and not enough time ;-)

Last edited:

samot

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2009
    Your mamas house
    Mine has a #15 in it & is my absolute favorite gun to shoot FA
    Awsome fireballs
    Just feels easier to handle .......
    Personal preference I'm sure ....
    Let me know when u want to run a couple betas out of it !!!!!!!!

JTinIN

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2010
    Home Range Richmond
    Guess I should get of my butt and find some hosts for my Fleming Sear and my Registered 4 position sear pack...they don't look cool just sitting in the safe as parts!! :-)

One of these would work nicely ;-)
    mm23e_aa_tripod_mm21e_behind.jpg

Sparky03

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 20, 2010
    Lebanon IN
    John
    Why don't you take a 53 pistol and put new blk out barrel and hook up the sear and watch the fun go....
    That's what I'm considering doing with my hk sear

JTinIN

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2010
    Home Range Richmond
    John
    Why don't you take a 53 pistol and put new blk out barrel and hook up the sear and watch the fun go....
    That's what I'm considering doing with my hk sear

Talked to Jeff (aka Gilliebear2000 on HKPro) on this and turns out making a HK53K out of an existing "HK"53 is not the way to go, easier, better and lower cost to start from a receiver as need to change/cut down the cocking tube and ever thing else in front of the trunnion.

Take Care
    John

Sparky03

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 20, 2010
    Lebanon IN
    Talked to Jeff (aka Gilliebear2000 on HKPro) on this and turns out making a HK53K out of an existing "HK"53 is not the way to go, easier, better and lower cost to start from a receiver as need to change/cut down the cocking tube and ever thing else in front of the trunnion.

Take Care
    John

What about if u do not want to make the 53k u just want a 53 that shoots blk out round?

JTinIN

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2010
    Home Range Richmond
    What about if u do not want to make the 53k u just want a 53 that shoots blk out round?

You are talking about the 300 Black Out round ... not a "shoot out barrel" ;-).

Which I have seen done in AR's, a Sig and SAW, but not an HK (at least that I have seen ;-). You need to get a barrel (not too hard), have chamber fluted (harder) and then do the testing and carrier velocity checks to figure out what to use for a custom locking piece for subsonic and supper sonic ammo.

Once you get that far, you will have several of us interested ... but ammo cost is still a little steep for full auto shooting. The lower cost option for supper sonic loads is a drum cut 52 clone shooting 7.62x39.

----------------------------------------------

Well in the last 24 hours turns out RCM is making barrels and DT will be selling guns .....
    http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-clone...ical-announces-300blk-clones-coming-soon.html

Last edited:
    Top Bottom