• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BillyB

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    We are hosting an IDPA Seminar this coming Saturday, August 27th at Atlanta Conservation Club near Atlanta, Indiana. This class is for individuals who are interested in IDPA competition who have never shot at an IDPA event and for shooters who are new to IDPA in the last 18 months who can use some coaching on rules, marksmanship and how to shoot an IDPA match. We only have a few opening remaining. Full details can be found at our website INDYIDPA. or at

http://indyidpa.com/documents/IDPASeminar.pdf

Please contact us through the website or the email address on the application if you have any questions.

HDSilvrStreak

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Fishers
    I will definitley attend this if there is still room. I'm sending an email tonight with all pertinent information. My only concern is getting a spot held at this late date. Will the email hold my spot and I pay this Saturday at the seminar?

I've been interested in finding something like this and it sounds great.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    I am just helping with a portion on the range. Send an email with these questions. There are a few spots still available.

BillyB

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    This is our first IDPA seminar for new shooters and we have not scheduled another as of yet. After Joe, Coach and I have had a chance to evaluate the class, I'll schedule another one, hopefully soon and post it here. In addition, you can go to our website at www.indyidpa.com and ask to be added to our email list. This will keep you informed of all of our IDPA events at ACC.

Jeff

HDSilvrStreak

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Fishers
    Great day

I feel bad for those that wanted to attend today but were not able to.

First, let me say thanks to Jeff, Joe, and Coach for putting this out there. I felt as if it was a very valuable learning opportunity under non-stressful conditions. All three of the leaders made everyone feel comfortable, safe, and competent.

I think I would have felt very intimidated to just walk up and shoot my first IDPA match. What this class has done is eliminate that intimidation factor for me. I am now looking forward to that first match opportunity.

I really hope that they offer this again and I strongly encourage anyone that is even remotely interested in IDPA to attend.

We started in the classroom for 2 hours. I fully expected this portion to be somewhat dry material. It was not. Yes there was discussions of standard safety and the four rules, etc. It was well presented and kept our attention. I was surprised to find out that this was the first class as the presentation was a good steady pace and the instructors (Joe and Jeff) well polished.

Then it was on to the range and the real fun began. We shot several IDPA type scenarios. These included shooting targets in tactical sequence, shooting from behind cover, shooting while retreating, shooting while moving forward, shooting while moving to your right and left, strong hand only, weak hand only (I found out I shoot better weak hand only), etc.

It was a full 5 hour period that wasted no time and flew by. Again, thanks for putting this together and I really hope you do it again with some additional notice to the INGO community. I know for a fact that there are shooters that could benefit from this introduction to IDPA.

:yesway::yesway::yesway::yesway::yesway::yesway::yesway::yesway:

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Thanks for the kind words. Jeff and Joe did the lion's share of the work. I hope everyone was equally pleased with the course.

gunnut

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2008
    Greenwood
    Coach. Do you do any church security training? It's terrible but churches have become targets. For those in search of money or have personal probs

BillyB

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Thanks to Coach and Joe for teaming up with me to put this class on. Thanks to all of the attendees who took a chance on us and took some time from their weekend to learn about IDPA and competitive shooting. It appears right now we will try to put on another class in the fall after our state match is complete and Coach has some time open on his schedule. I'll post an announcement here well in advance. Jeff

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Coach. Do you do any church security training? It's terrible but churches have become targets. For those in search of money or have personal probs

ACT, which I am a part can help with this. Send me an email with what exactly you are wanting to do. Firearms training, emergency plans or other?

Top Bottom