• ...and so much more!
  • 2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    This is a short quote from January 2012 Guns and Weapons for Law Enforcement article by Massad Ayoob entitled Contingency Measures. The article is about LE training at civilian schools,

"The Central Florida Tactical Conference is a good example. It had cops, soldiers,security professionals, armed tactical medical personnel and law-abiding armed citizens - all natural allies - on the line together training in the protection of the innocent"

I realize that the vast majority of LEO that are on this site agree, but from what i read here and other places I'm not sure that the vast majority of LEO in general feel the same way.

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    Vast majority will not feel the same. Why?
    1. Society has mad the law abiding citizen the bad guy.
    2. (Opinion only)LE feels that citizens should not have guns and everyone feels safe (Government mentality).
    3. Learned from TV, peers, lack of research (maybe), and just general government mentality.
    4. Too many LEOs have had bad dealings with the general population and start to feel we are all bad apples.

We need to educate everyone. We ARE allies whether we realize it yet or not. We just haven't completely had the situation to be fighting side by side. Riots, mass hysteria, government meltdown.......

These are only opinions and not meant to disrespect anyone. If you disagree, please state why. Maybe my mind can be changed.

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Vast majority will not feel the same. Why?
    1. Society has mad the law abiding citizen the bad guy.
    2. (Opinion only)LE feels that citizens should not have guns and everyone feels safe (Government mentality).
    3. Learned from TV, peers, lack of research (maybe), and just general government mentality.
    4. Too many LEOs have had bad dealings with the general population and start to feel we are all bad apples.

We need to educate everyone. We ARE allies whether we realize it yet or not. We just haven't completely had the situation to be fighting side by side. Riots, mass hysteria, government meltdown.......

These are only opinions and not meant to disrespect anyone. If you disagree, please state why. Maybe my mind can be changed.

I will disagree..
    (point by point)
    1. Society and law abiding citizens are the same thing. For society to call the law abiding BGs, is essentially condemning themselves.

2. LE overwhelmingly believes in the law abiding citizen having firearms. I have never ever heard of "rank and file" law enforcement (at least those that I associate with) speak of denying citizens the right to defend themselves. Though I am sure there are some that exist, they are easily the exception.

3. Nothing really to address

4. I've had a million of bad dealings with people in my time in LE. But, I don't stereotype or make hasty generalizations. I take scumbags one by one. Prove yourself to be an idiot and that person will be handled appropiately.
    You stance is essentially the one used by civilians about LE bad apples. The minority makes the majority look bad. I believe the the more intelligent members of both groups know the difference.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    This is a short quote from January 2012 Guns and Weapons for Law Enforcement article by Massad Ayoob entitled Contingency Measures. The article is about LE training at civilian schools,

"The Central Florida Tactical Conference is a good example. It had cops, soldiers,security professionals, armed tactical medical personnel and law-abiding armed citizens - all natural allies - on the line together training in the protection of the innocent"

I realize that the vast majority of LEO that are on this site agree, but from what i read here and other places I'm not sure that the vast majority of LEO in general feel the same way.

:yesway: I have always thought that Ayoob was one of the brightest LEO I've ever heard talk. What there doing there is great. Just wish these kind of classes could be more affordable to the average guy.

blamecharles

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    South side of Indian
    I have had the misfortune of running into a few bad LEO's down in Texas, lot of corruption on our border. I'm not going to say they are all bad but we do have some really bad ones making alot of trouble for the good ones at least here in Indy. I don't think I need to provide any examples there. I am however prior military and know that my buddies and I asked the question " what if" . If the SHTF and we are told to shoot civilians what do we do? The answer was always never innocents. Sometimes our LEO's forget they are one budget cut away from being civilians again, or that most people are innocent, or that the bad cops are what makes people respond to them badly.

Top Bottom