• ...and so much more!
  • Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Could someone please provide their load data or direct me to a link where I can find load data for 40 S&W, 125 grain frangible projectiles? I don't know the manufacturer, as I got these at the swap meet in a plastic bag. I've checked every source I know, but could only find load data for 10mm loads using frangible projectiles.

Thanks in advance.

msd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    Princeton
    You might try loaddata.com
    It costs to use their site, but they have thousands of loads you can look up and print off or save in a folder. I think it costs $29.00 or so for 1 yr membership.
    I let my membership expire last yr, and have kicked myself a few times, when I was needing load info and couldn't find it elsewhere.

Aszerigan

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    336   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    Load data for frangible bullets (by weight) is not the same as load data for lead bullets. Read: 125gn Frangible is not loaded to the same specs as 125gn Lead bullets. Also, make sure you do NOT crimp these projectiles, as they will crumble in the case and be unsafe to shoot.

40cal 125gn frangibles should be loaded with 165gn jacketed bullet data. Look at Hodgdon's website for a total list of powders and OAL's for these rounds.

Good luck, Anthony. If you need any help, drop me a PM.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Load data for frangible bullets (by weight) is not the same as load data for lead bullets. Read: 125gn Frangible is not loaded to the same specs as 125gn Lead bullets. Also, make sure you do NOT crimp these projectiles, as they will crumble in the case and be unsafe to shoot.

40cal 125gn frangibles should be loaded with 165gn jacketed bullet data. Look at Hodgdon's website for a total list of powders and OAL's for these rounds.

Good luck, Anthony. If you need any help, drop me a PM.

Thanks, Andrew! :rockwoot:

Top Bottom