• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Chris783016

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    I am a Illinois resident who also owns a place in mich city. I have a Florida and a Pennsylvania ccw/ltc. I know you cant carry in Illinois but I was wondering if anyone knew if I carry on my own property. Now i know in my house is fine. But what I mean is like backyard, garage, frontyard, side of house and what not.

absrio

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Howard County
    (720 ILCS 5/24‑1) (from Ch. 38, par. 24‑1)
    Sec. 24‑1. Unlawful Use of Weapons.
    (a) A person commits the offense of unlawful use of weapons when he knowingly:

(10) Carries or possesses on or about his person,

upon any public street, alley, or other public lands within the corporate limits of a city, village or incorporated town, except when an invitee thereon or therein, for the purpose of the display of such weapon or the lawful commerce in weapons, or except when on his land or in his own abode, legal dwelling, or fixed place of business, or on the land or in the legal dwelling of another person as an invitee with that person's permission, any pistol, revolver, stun gun or taser or other firearm, except that this subsection (a) (10) does not apply to or affect transportation of weapons that meet one of the following conditions:
    (i) are broken down in a non‑functioning state; or
    (ii) are not immediately accessible; or
    (iii) are unloaded and enclosed in a case,
    firearm carrying box, shipping box, or other container by a person who has been issued a currently valid Firearm Owner's Identification Card

This is the Illinois law on Unlawful Use of Weapon. Just make sure you have a FOID card.

***I left out a big chunk and only added section "10" since that is what applies here.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    I am a Illinois resident who also owns a place in mich city. I have a Florida and a Pennsylvania ccw/ltc. I know you cant carry in Illinois but I was wondering if anyone knew if I carry on my own property. Now i know in my house is fine. But what I mean is like backyard, garage, frontyard, side of house and what not.
    What property are you talking about? It's not really clear in your OP.

Your property in IL? Or your property in IN?

You should be GTG for the latter. IDK about the former.

ultraspec

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 5, 2010
    Your good to go, absrio posted the ILCS covering UUW in IL. Make sure you dont step off your land though or you will get charged with UUW which is a class 4 felony in IL

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Chris783016 your property is NOT within the City of Chicago limits right? Else that ILCS goes out the window since the City of Chicago has a ban on weapons outside your home even if on your own property (ie. backyard, garage, drive-way, etc..)

---
    NWI INGO MEMBERS
    Get the latest news by joining the NWI INGO group here:
    INGunOwners - Northwest Indiana

UPCOMING EVENTS
    The final 2010 MEET & SHOOT will be in NOV. Go vote for which date!
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...14439-nwi_ingo_meet_and_shoot_-_nov_date.html

Halloween Cigar OC Night is 28 OCT 2010
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...0_28_-_pit_stop_cigar_lounge_pine_island.html

Appleseed for NWI
    2 Day Courses
    Sand Burr Gun Ranch: Calendar
    11-12 DEC 2010 @ Sand Burr, Rochester, IN
    19-20 MAR 2011 @ Sand Burr, Rochester, IN
    02-03 APR 2011 @ Sand Burr, Rochester, IN

Keep this post for uncoming info & updates
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/appleseed/107083-new_ranges_coming_to_eventbright.html

NEED YOUR HELP
    List of ranges in NWI; Is your range here?:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break_room/106004-nwi_ingo_general_post-3.html#post1252132

Bshaw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 8, 2008
    Kokomo
    Illinois home carry

I believe you will still need your FOID ( Firearm Owners Ident. Card ).
    You did when I lived there 25 years ago, anyway.

45Guy

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    I make it a point to only visit free states unless it is absolutely necessary. That way I don't have to worry about it.

Top Bottom