• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boiled Owl

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    Newton Co. !
    The economy must be smoking hot. I want your product, but since I've been waiting since Nov. 30th for a shipping quote, I'm now looking elsewhere.

Names and product omitted.

Does this ever happen to you?
    Does this **** anyone off?

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Well, as you know, there are plenty of people "in business" who aren't very good business people.

The good ones tend to have longevity.

-J-

Boiled Owl

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    Newton Co. !
    I'm NOT going to name names.
    But they are an INGO advertiser.
    Thought it would be good to support them and so I didn't shop elsewhere until the communication breakdown. Which is fine, I get it, you're too busy to take my $$. Found a similar product cheaper. My gain. I'm fine. You won't be the first place I shop next time.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Thought it would be good to support them and so I didn't shop elsewhere until the communication breakdown. Which is fine, I get it, you're too busy to take my $$. Found a similar product cheaper. My gain. I'm fine. You won't be the first place I shop next time.

Life happens, too, you know...

There are myriad small businesses in this country that are 1 and 2 body organizations.

There was just an instance over on GlockTalk where a professional reloading business, similar to Profire Arms (INGOer) suddenly passed away. took a while for the story to come out; but there were some rather upset people because their product didn't arrive, non communication, etc etc.

Personally, I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt to a small operation once or twice, especially if I know that business has an otherwise stellar reputation.

I agree with you taking your business elsewhere, too. It's your money and your timetable. No biggie to me. I'd also agree with you if you stuck with whichever company this is.

-J-

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    Sometimes the starters of a small one or two person internet business may not realize how ill prepared they are to accept orders for a product or service if they get overly busy right away.

As an aside, my brother is trying to push a product (that I make and he is putting online to sell) that I've built once. I'm just hoping he doesnt' get a lot of interest because I doubt I could speed up building them any faster than I do now (and don't have a lot of spare time to do it).

Boiled Owl

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    Newton Co. !
    I agree life happens. I guess we need to give the benefit of the doubt. Maybe more so when they are a sponsor? Anyway after no response to several emails, I cut and run and lucky for me I'll save money. Like I said I won't mention names in case "life happens."

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN

I did that once with a business that I had used several times in the past and had been quite happy with. Turns out it was a one man place...and that person had been in the hospital. I felt more than a little foolish. Life can do this to any one of us, at any time. Now I try to be a tad more understanding.

pirate

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 2, 2011
    Why post at all then? Who cares if they are a site advertiser... Actually, I would like to know their name more so if they are a site advertiser so to avoid them. They shouldn't be shielded just because of advertising status. If your going to take the time to post about a business on a forum, give your co-members a heads up so they don't make the same mistakes with them.

If they are a 5 day a week operation, they had Thursday, Friday, and Monday to contact you from your date on the 30th. If you feel that is to long for a shipping quote, speak your peace in detail. The people who don't want to wait a few days for a shipping quote will be thankful to read your review, and the people who don't mind waiting a few days won't care anyways and their opinions won't change.

However, before posting this thread at all, I hope you did/do contact them directly to see what the hold up is just in case it wasn't because an emergency situation. Life truly does "happen" sometimes.

Noland

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    N IN
    I know some places that are far worse. Unfortunately, I can't say who they are or what they sell. Sorry.

fireball168

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Dec 16, 2008
    Clinton
    Happens to me all the time, and I'm sure I'm unknowingly doing it all the time as well.

Typically, I'm back and forth with my potential customers 3-5 times before an invoice is approved and payment is sent. I'm not exactly in a cut and dried product business, most of the products are built to order.

I've found that on the 3rd to 5th reply back and forth - either the customers email program starts rejecting them, or mine does - both somewhat intermittently.

That's the reason my phone number is in my email responses. I won't hound a customer if they've fell off the planet - things happen, and I typically don't commit resources until payment is received. If I fall off the planet via email, the customer has another method of contact (phone), and I'd hope they'd try to use it. Plus, I'm on several different websites as an advertiser, their PM systems work pretty good too.

Things happen, people get hurt, go on vacation, computers get struck by lightning, email accounts/websites get hacked, again - things happen.

ralphb72

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 11, 2008
    Greens Fork, IN
    Well, you don't have to beg me to buy our product, just turn on your light switch, we deliver to you, and we don't even bill you for it until after you use it! And unlike the cable company and phone companies, we promise not to bill you for what you use during an outage!

Top Bottom