• ...and so much more!
  • Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    ...to receive an AR15 upper in .410ga. that has been manufactured in the United States!

Some of you have read my rant about ATI (American Tactical Imports) and the trouble I've had trying to get satisfaction over a P.O.S. Safir Arms upper receiver.
    I bought the receiver new and it never worked right.

Almost a year later now, and AFTER I filed a complaint with the BBB, it seems now they are working with an American manufacturer to produce AR15's, or at least the uppers, in .410ga.

They said the first batch is in the final testing phase, and are expected to ship some 90-120 days from now.

They said if it would be acceptable to me, they would replace my Turkish made (Safir Arms) P.O.S. with one made in America, at no charge to me. :rockwoot:

They did NOT tell me who the manufacturer is.

Anyone have any insights? What American company is going to be producing them?

Well, at any rate, it looks like I'll have one of the first off of the production line. :D

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Not to break your heart, but I seen a 410 AR style for sale the other day around NWI in Blythe's. It was already in stock and on the floor for sale. Not sure what company it was, as I am not a big shotgunner, or super big in the AR family, although I do own both a shotgun and an M4 clone.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Not to break your heart, but I seen a 410 AR style for sale the other day around NWI in Blythe's. It was already in stock and on the floor for sale. Not sure what company it was, as I am not a big shotgunner, or super big in the AR family, although I do own both a shotgun and an M4 clone.

I have one now that does not work. That was part of the point of this thread.

If that "AR style .4!0" you saw was named Safir Arms you'll want to run away from it!
    They've been out for a couple of years, and they are JUNK!

Goober135

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Valparaiso

I'm going to be one of the first to receive an AR15 upper in .410ga. that has been manufactured in the United States!

But was the .410 upper at Blythe's made in the US? :dunno:

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    do those fit on a standard lower? what mags does it use?

I sure hope it does. I only purchased an upper to start with, and that's all they've agreed to replace.

The Safir Arms uses Safir Arms mags. I don't know what brand the new one is, so I have no idea what mag it will use.
    Good question though. I hope they give me at least two mags!

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    I have one now that does not work. That was part of the point of this thread.

If that "AR style .4!0" you saw was named Safir Arms you'll want to run away from it!
    They've been out for a couple of years, and they are JUNK!
    Ah, sorry to hear, and hope that yours gets worked out. No idea what the company was though, as I wasn't interested enough at the time, but gives me the perfect excuse to try and run to the gun store again and drool over the guns some more. Thanks for your service as well.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    O.K. Time for the bad news.

I just emailed ATI (American Tactical Imports) to inform them that I am tired of waiting.
    I took my non-working Safir Arms AR15 upper (.410ga) into Applied Ballistics and let Dan have a look.

After some detailed grinding and polishing, Dan got my upper running!
    I had so many problems with it to date that I doubt I'll EVER be completely comfortable trusting it to continue working, but for now...

I let ATI know, in no uncertain terms, that I will from this day forward, resolve myself to become their worst customer service representative. I have promised to bad-mouth them at every turn, and to everyone who will listen to me.

So, my advice is, don't buy ANYTHING from American Tactical Imports.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom