• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mini-14

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 30, 2008
    New Palestine,In
    It's all of your guy's fault. Started my first (probably not last) build. Spikes Tactical lower ( Thanks to the Gun Den) with Magpul Moe DE furniture. Ordering the upper next week. I'll post more pics when completed. What ya think so far?

Lower.jpg

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    It's all of your guy's fault. Started my first (probably not last) build. Spikes Tactical lower ( Thanks to the Gun Den) with Magpul Moe DE furniture. Ordering the upper next week. I'll post more pics when completed. What ya think so far?

Lower.jpg

It looks great,:rockwoot: you'll get plenty of fun out it:yesway:

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Between the rock and that hardplace
    I'm with 'ya on it being someone elses fault.:yesway: Stupid gun shops won't stop allowing me to walk right in.:xmad:

My DPMS AR carbine is becoming a money pit as well.:laugh: I just ordered a Magpul ACS stock, a MOE hand guard, and grip all in FDE. That's AFTER the flip up sights, and 2 (so far) Pmags.:n00b:

IF I decide on another AR, I will go your route and build it up myself.

Mini-14

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 30, 2008
    New Palestine,In
    I'm with 'ya on it being someone elses fault.:yesway: Stupid gun shops won't stop allowing me to walk right in.:xmad:

My DPMS AR carbine is becoming a money pit as well.:laugh: I just ordered a Magpul ACS stock, a MOE hand guard, and grip all in FDE. That's AFTER the flip up sights, and 2 (so far) Pmags.:n00b:

IF I decide on another AR, I will go your route and build it up myself.

I heard it was cheaper to build one yourself. Well mine is not turning out to be any cheaper but at least im building it my way..

IndianaSlim

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    I think it looks great! Why did you elect to buy an upper instead of build it? I did my first one this winter and when I got it all together it was a light bulb clicked.....so THIS is all there is to one of these??? If you haven't ordered the upper yet, I encourage you to figure out what you want and build it. Shopping for all the parts/pieces is fun in itself!

Mini-14

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 30, 2008
    New Palestine,In
    I think it looks great! Why did you elect to buy an upper instead of build it? I did my first one this winter and when I got it all together it was a light bulb clicked.....so THIS is all there is to one of these??? If you haven't ordered the upper yet, I encourage you to figure out what you want and build it. Shopping for all the parts/pieces is fun in itself!

I'm considering all options.

BTW, how difficult was it to install the triggerguard? Any problem getting the pin out?

Installing the roll pins was the hardest part of the build. I just used a hammer & punch.

Larryjr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Portland, IN
    nice looking ar. By the way, I assume because of your stage name you own a Mini-14. I just bot my first a couple months back. I picked the tactical version. Like it a lot.

Top Bottom