• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mutt

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    I have a blackhawk 3 day assault pack that I like so much I just bought an older used one here

Pretty low key design for an "assault" bag

I also like the removable hip straps. I don't like using them on day hikes

Steve

Master
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    FWIW, I believe LAPolice Gear still has their MOLLE back packs on sale for ~$29.99.

Great bag! I ordered one and was very impressed with the quality and ruggedness of it. Of course, my grandson confiscated it when his bookbag croaked and has given it a real workout. Looks like I'll be buying another one.

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    I've got as Maxpedition Falcon II that is a recent gift. It is OK. I've had a couple of Camelbaks and sold them. Alice pack? I like it for the motorcycle rack but not to carry.

My most used? Still an Arc'Teryx. I've got an Arro 22 that has been abused for almost ten years. Black, waaaay water resistant and you can be very mobile/active while wearing. Check out the Arro 22, Miura 20 & 30, and the Arrakis.

Arc'Teryx is the bomb.

Packs / Men's / Arc'teryx

Last edited:

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I was going to say an Alice pack but many peolpe here already beat me to it. In the service and they are as good as you're ever going to get and are a steal at twice the price. You mentioned a medium sized backpack, but I'd recommend buying the large and not filling it up as much.

I'd also recommend camelbak backpacks. I've still got the motherlode I took overseas and as much as I abused it, it's still in great shape. Currently I keep a camelbak BFM in the back of my vehicle holding my roadside emergency kit. I also use this backpack for hunting trips and I love the BFM. FYI the side pockets on the BFM hold five or six 30 round mags in each pouch. What's not to like about that?

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    oldfish15
    Top Bottom