• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    What if we had the same regulations on vehicles that we do on guns? More than 70% of felony crimes involve the use of automobiles. Let me elaborate...

-New classifications for vehicles:
    Black BMWs (assault cars) The vehicles of choice of drug dealers with their menacing looks and dark tinted windows that hinder law enforcement visual
    searches.

Sports Cars (machine racers) With speedometers that register 100 MPH or more, they are designed to exceed the speed limit- nobody needs to go that
    fast except to "out-car" police.

Compact Cars (SNS- small nifty size) Small, inexpensive, and easy to park out of sight of police.

Pick-up Trucks (thief sweepers) Offer a bed on which thieves can put the valuables stolen from homes and businesses and then speed away.

(Taken from "Guns, Crime, and Freedom" by Wayne Lapierre)
    -In some states, you would need to convince the police department that you had "reasonable need" to obtain a license. Some states would issue a license if you are qualified. Some states would not require licenses. One state would not issue licenses.
    -Your license would only be honored in some states.
    -Each state would have different rules regarding vehicles and traffic.
    -In New York, you couldn't have a car that's two different colors.
    -All automatic transmissions manufactured after 1986 would be illegal to own.
    -Some states and localities would not allow automatic transmissions at all.
    -You could own automatic transmission parts, but could not install them.
    -If you want a muffler, you must pay a $200 tax. Mufflers would be illegal in some states.
    -In some states, you wouldn't be allowed to have a fuel tank that holds more than 10 gallons.
    -If someone is hit by a person in a car, the media would emphasize the fact that a car was used, and blame the manufacturer and dealer, while claiming that the attacker is just "misunderstood."
    -Imported cars would need at least 10 US made parts in them to be legal.
    -Some cars would not be imported because they don't serve a "sporting purpose."
    -The government would create an agency, BATVE, and although they are supposed to also handle alcohol, tobacco, and explosives, all they will do is try to arrest law abiding citizens on some technicality instead of actually enforcing laws or arresting real criminals. It will commit felonies and kill innocent people.

Is there any I missed? I've been working on this for two days now. I'd love to see if anyone can come up with more!

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    I wrote this up a few years ago based on someone else's much simpler version and it's made its way around the 'net quite a bit.

You want to treat guns like cars? Okay...let's rock and roll...

Do I need the governments permission to buy a car? No.

Do I need to buy the car from only certain people with licenses to sell cars? No.

Can I buy as many cars as I want each week/month/year. Yes

Can I buy small cars, big cars, slow cars, fast cars, cars that look dangerous? Yes

Can I buy Hummers virtually like the troops use? Yes.

Do I have to wait from 5 to 15 days to pick up my car. No

If I traded in one car for a newer model do I still have to wait five to ten days to pick the new one up. No

Can I modify my car to allow more fuel, more performance, or better cornering. Yes

Would I have to turn over to the government without compensation some models of automobiles that might be banned years after I buy them. No

Do I need a license to buy a car? No
    (in most states)

Can I buy a car at age 16? Yes.

Are driving lessons mandated in most high schools? Yes

Can I buy a car from anyone in any state? Yes.

Can I sell my car to anyone in any state? Yes

Can convicted felons buy, own or drive a car. Yes

In some places (e.g. NYC or New Jersey) would I first need a permit to buy from the police department which sometimes takes up to 2 years to obtain. No

Do I need to register a car that I own? No (as long as I keep it on my own property)

Do I need a background check or waiting period to buy a car? No

Is my car held responsible if I misuse it? No

Would failure to register my car be a federal felony (prevents me from owning another one). No

Do I need to "safe store" my car even though many are stolen and used for criminal purposes? No

Will I lose my driver's license if I violate the law with my car? Most likely not

Can I legally drive my car into any state/city in the nation with every jurisdiction honoring my registration/license? Yes

Shall I go on? Or do you really, really want to treat guns like cars?

Top Bottom