In honor and loving memory of a great man--My Father!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    7 years ago today, my beloved father--Robert L. "Stony" Hodson went home to be with the Lord. He served his country faithfully for 33 years and led my brother and myself in a legacy of service as well. I lost 4 people that day. My father, my best friend, my spiritual guidence counselor, and my golf partner.

We love and miss you Dad!

In honor and loving memory:
    Msgt Rob't L. "Stony" Hodson
    18 Oct 35 - 2 Jul 04

261512_247184798628646_100000113832960_1166560_7425496_n.jpg

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    In Judaism, such a day is known as a yahrtzeit. One of the phrases normally associated with the day is, זכרו לברכה, (pronounced zeechroNA leeBRAcha). In English, this means, "May his memory be a lasting blessing.

I think this appropriate.

Blessings,
    Bill

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I am sorry for your loss, no matter when it happened.

My father was USAF E-6* too. Any chance your dad was in the 931st Troop Carrier Wing at Columbus? My dad fixed radios there from '61 to '69.

I got to spend the entire day with my father, working on my house and listening to the many, many stories of the grandkids in Pennsylvania. After reading this thread, hearing the same story about the kids' baseball game or church play is not so maddening.;)

*Oops, just saw the sleeve and skipped over your dad being E-7

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    Actually, he was an E-8 while he was lead recruiter for the State of Indiana. He went back to E-7 when he went back to the flight line as a crew chief. He was full time Guard--civil servant.

He--as well as my brother and I--were part of the 181st TAC Ftr Grp (CAM) at Hulman Field. My brother still serves, but he's with a Guard unit over in Louisville.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Thank you for honoring you father. I just recently lost my father and it has been tough. I try to live every day to make him proud of me though. God bless your father my friend!

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    Thank you for honoring you father. I just recently lost my father and it has been tough. I try to live every day to make him proud of me though. God bless your father my friend!

It doesn't get any easier my friend, just more bearable as time goes on. Does that make sense? And by the grace of God go I. Thank you for your kind words.

GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS
    ggf........Thanks for sharing this!

You are right, it never really gets any easier to bear the loss. My Dad passed on July 7, 1993..... and not a day goes by that his being gone doesn't hurt. Over the years, we had our differences..... but in the last few years of his life, we spent many, many days shooting together in rimfire competitions..... and he became my very best friend.

May your memories of your Dad keep you strong and bring you blessings. It is a noble thing to honor your parents, as you have done here. :yesway:

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    ggf........Thanks for sharing this!

You are right, it never really gets any easier to bear the loss. My Dad passed on July 7, 1993..... and not a day goes by that his being gone doesn't hurt. Over the years, we had our differences..... but in the last few years of his life, we spent many, many days shooting together in rimfire competitions..... and he became my very best friend.

May your memories of your Dad keep you strong and bring you blessings. It is a noble thing to honor your parents, as you have done here. :yesway:

Green, being a "Prodigal Son" I understand the "differences" you speak of. But the last 6.5 years of my father's life were some of the best years of my life.

When my father passed on, I wrote a poem entitled "The Hands of the Father" and delivered it in his eulogy. If you are interested, I would be most happy to send it to you in a PM. It is unfortunate, but because of "religious references" I cannot post it in an open forum. Thank you for your kind words. Blessings.

GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS
    Thank you for the offer of the poem! I would love to read it, and will PM you my e-mail addie, if that's OK.

I too gave the eulogy at my Dads funeral, and I think I can find the printed copy. Be glad to share it w/ you, as well. Happy Fourth (tomorrow)! :patriot:

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    Thank you for the offer of the poem! I would love to read it, and will PM you my e-mail addie, if that's OK.

I too gave the eulogy at my Dads funeral, and I think I can find the printed copy. Be glad to share it w/ you, as well. Happy Fourth (tomorrow)! :patriot:

Yes! Please do! You have my email address now. Happy Independence Day to you as well!

Top Bottom