• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gpfury86

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2010
    I've been looking at laptops and kind of biased towards a toshiba, this one in particularToshiba Satellite® P755-S5395 15.6" widescreen Laptop (Silver) | Laptops | Computers | us.toshiba.com. cheapest I have found it on the internet for is like 829. Frys has the exact model for 900 with an instant 150 savings so 750+tax out the door. The things im not crazy about is the integrated video card and the 5200 rpm hdd. For 150 bucks i can swap the hard drive with a 7200 rpm 750 gigger..... I think its the best deal i can find for an I-7 cpu and 6 gig of ram and all the other features.

Manan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    West Central
    I would strongly recommend Computer Express in Castleton on the South side of the parking lot from the mall. Two year old refurbished machines for $200-$400 bucks. All the bells and whistles or none. Desktops for $99 and up. Flat screen monitors for $40 to $80.

I have been buying from these guys for years. Excellent rep. and they service everything.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    That's a pretty good price (at Fry's) for that configuration, although yes you may not like the integrated graphics. Here's a good site I keep an eye on when I'm looking for laptop deals

Slickdeals: The Best Deals, Coupons & Discounts on Laptops, Computers, LCDs, TVs, Dell, HP, Apple, Amazon

I've harbored a grudge against Toshiba ever since the Toshiba-Kongsberg scandal where they sold the milling machines to Soviets that quieted down their submarines screws, so I've boycotted them as a computer supplier for myself, but it is a pretty good configuration.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    That looks like a good deal, but if you have the option to wait, I would. You know whats coming in about three weeks, right?
    Subscribe to all the legit big online comp store mailing lists. Study the Sunday adds...

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I've been looking at laptops and kind of biased towards a toshiba, this one in particularToshiba Satellite® P755-S5395 15.6" widescreen Laptop (Silver) | Laptops | Computers | us.toshiba.com. cheapest I have found it on the internet for is like 829. Frys has the exact model for 900 with an instant 150 savings so 750+tax out the door. The things im not crazy about is the integrated video card and the 5200 rpm hdd. For 150 bucks i can swap the hard drive with a 7200 rpm 750 gigger..... I think its the best deal i can find for an I-7 cpu and 6 gig of ram and all the other features.

Satellites are great laptops. I'm posting from one right now.

Good eye though on the integrated video card; that's the only thing I don't like about this computer...I haven't done a whole lot of research, but I'm pretty sure you can install a new one despite the original being attached to the mother board.

3point5

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    Kokomo
    I personally have a HP DV7.

i5, 8g ddr3, 750g hdd, raedon graphics, 9 cell battery.

750 at best buy....I love my HP's.

JStang314

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 8, 2011
    check amazon, just bought a toshiba satellite from them. it went down to 500 and i love it. hard to beat the toshiba and amazon

ISHOOTHST'S

Master
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    Iyaf
    I personally have a HP DV7.

i5, 8g ddr3, 750g hdd, raedon graphics, 9 cell battery.

750 at best buy....I love my HP's.

This. I custom ordered mine from hp and couldnt be happier with it. The wireless display technology is great for running video's and things to your tv with no wires. But you can do this with any of the I3-I7 processors. Just the hp has been great for me. My old toshiba would always overheat when sat for too long.

3point5

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    Kokomo
    This. I custom ordered mine from hp and couldnt be happier with it. The wireless display technology is great for running video's and things to your tv with no wires. But you can do this with any of the I3-I7 processors. Just the hp has been great for me. My old toshiba would always overheat when sat for too long.

I love the wireless display...but I still cant believe i paid 100 bucks for the adapter.

I was going to custom order one, but bestbuys price beat my employee purchase price...

the 17 inch screen rocks.

Gpfury86

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2010
    Well I picked it up earlier today $ 802.10 out the door. I am impressed so far it seems solid, I think I'm going to go ahead and buy that 7200 rpm drive though and swap it out. In the process I'll be able to wipe all of toshiba's bs they pre-install off and have a clean copy of xp ultimate installed.

Heres a pic of me writing this post on it :)

photo-1.jpg

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    ***In before an Apple fanboy tells you to spend ~$1,200 out of your budget to get a Macbook, so you'll have options you'll never use***

I don't know how I missed this thread!!! I wanted to be the one to tell him to overspend based on needs. I wanted to shed my label the fanbois have given me. I'm making an appointment right now so I can get my Benny tattoo removed. DEAD to me.

Top Bottom