• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    According to Janet Incompetano, the airport security model successfully employed for years by the Israelis won't work in the US. Why? Because she and her crack (head) staff of junior Incompetanos can't figure out how to scale successful Israeli system to US airports. Why not, you ask? Because TSA is loaded with a bunch of mindless Bucket of Sand drones whose last job was welfare queen.

You want to fix this? Hire people who actually know what security is (rather than those that can't spell it). Figure out who the bad people are. Keep them off airplanes. Why is it any f*****g harder than that?

And please. Can we please take all 6 year olds off the no fly list? At least the ones whose name doesn't begin or end with Mohmoud? And stop strip searching autistic kids? It's just embarrassing.

Napolitano: Israeli-Style Security Won't Work for U.S. - FoxNews.com

antsi

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Missed the biggest difference between US and Israeli security: the mission.

The Israelis are trying to prevent attacks and catch the bad guys.

The TSA is trying to:
    1) put on a credible "Security Theater" performance for a gullible US public
    2) spend taxpayer money on expensive technologies of dubious effectiveness, purchased through a system of political patronage and government contracts
    3) create a vast new bureaucracy, with as many government union employees as possible
    4) satisfy notions of equality and politically correct behavior
    5) create plausible political cover if an attack does occur, that "we did everything possible to prevent it."

So, pointing out what the Israelis do better is really just a misunderstanding; you don't seem to realize that the two organizations have entirely different agendas, and each is perfectly suited to its mission.

Keyser Soze

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Very interesting article. Israeli's system is very effective but they only have one international airport. But it if works for one it should work for all. People who are good at behavioral profiling are going to want a lot of money. But with quality personnel you could probably cut staff in security staff in 1/2....going to have to agree with antsi

BillyT

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    Indy
    i dint think this was really an issues

Big Gov seems more contempt with making americans feel like terrorist in our own nation and not going after those who are most likely to cause us harm historically.

something tells me they want us to feel like we are bad and deserve to be humiliated i think this is only the beganining and step by step it will become more tyranical

Pocketman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    Obvious solution is to sub-contract U.S. airport security to Israelis. Seems like a better idea than turning our ports over to Arabs.

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    Profile to keep them off and execute a couple who make an attempt but don't pull it off. I know that is not the "PC" way of thinking about it but if we sent a few of these idiots off to their promise land courtesy of a bullet then maybe the next "martyr" will realize their cause is a joke and the people who send them to die don't risk their own lives. Or better yet...flatten a city to make a point that messing with American citizens will cause a far more horendous retaliation than any one moron with a bomb in his pants.

I will get off my soapbox now but I just have had enough of people being PC so that these idiots aren't butthurt. A lot of the "terrorists" are youth who are to dumb to know any better but the people who send them are not. I don't want to see innocent people die but anymore I don't care if we wipe out a city to prevent one American from being killed by these cowards.

rjstew317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Fishers
    i heard someone say once "not all Muslims are terrorists, but all terrorists are Muslim." so it completely makes sense to me to start there and stop strip searching little kids and grandmas. just my :twocents:

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Profile to keep them off and execute a couple who make an attempt but don't pull it off. I know that is not the "PC" way of thinking about it but if we sent a few of these idiots off to their promise land courtesy of a bullet then maybe the next "martyr" will realize their cause is a joke and the people who send them to die don't risk their own lives. Or better yet...flatten a city to make a point that messing with American citizens will cause a far more horendous retaliation than any one moron with a bomb in his pants.

I will get off my soapbox now but I just have had enough of people being PC so that these idiots aren't butthurt. A lot of the "terrorists" are youth who are to dumb to know any better but the people who send them are not. I don't want to see innocent people die but anymore I don't care if we wipe out a city to prevent one American from being killed by these cowards.
    "I will get off my soapbox now but I just have had enough of people being PC so that these idiots aren't butthurt."
    I see this a lot. The government can't summarily execute people, so it must be Political Correctness holding us back.

Instead of thinking about what you are calling "PC" in terms of people's feelings...

... think of it as following the Constitution (that we all are supposed to support), that keeps Government from doing whatever it wants. Aren't we supposed to have limits on government? For our own protection?

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    PC has something to do with it, but as SemperfiUSMC said: the government doesn't trust the idiots running the gates. Israel trusts their people because they have minimal bureaucracy (something evolved from their days of needing quick decisive government action due to their constant war with invading neighbors) and TRAINED quality individuals running the "scans". Our people are nothing more than those we hire for security at warehouses: Lazy, fat, stupid, but unlike the guards, they are also overpaid. I worked security and met TSA agents. The idiocy of most of them is comparable if not identical.

Our system is filled with bureaucracy and pandering, people MAKING their job description up and getting a .gov position. Underqualified individuals making the cut, things like that. It's not that we couldn't do it, the system of government and macromanagement would be truncated if we did...

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    "I will get off my soapbox now but I just have had enough of people being PC so that these idiots aren't butthurt."
    I see this a lot. The government can't summarily execute people, so it must be Political Correctness holding us back.

Instead of thinking about what you are calling "PC" in terms of people's feelings...

... think of it as following the Constitution (that we all are supposed to support), that keeps Government from doing whatever it wants. Aren't we supposed to have limits on government? For our own protection?

IMO, our constitution does not apply to anyone that is not an American.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    We don't ahve security at air ports in the US. Its security theater. While I have no doubt that some TSA employees are competent and capable of learning the techniques that the Israelis use (and that the UK uses or used to use anyway), too many of them would have a hard time holding down a burger flipping job or one of thsoe stand-around-and-hold-a-shovle jobs that seem to proliferate on government payrolls.Waht Janet says is true, we have more ariports and more peole traveling, but we also have a much higher popualtion. We could (and should) adopt these measures, but now we have anentrenched bureaucracy and budget. Tehy don;t want to make a change, even though it would be beneficial. Too many entrenched interests.

Whatever happened to Obama's "yes we can" campaign speech? If he was serious about being president he could make a stand on this and drive the change, but I guess that would risk his votes for 2012?

Ogre

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Missed the biggest difference between US and Israeli security: the mission.

The Israelis are trying to prevent attacks and catch the bad guys.

The TSA is trying to:
    1) put on a credible "Security Theater" performance for a gullible US public
    2) spend taxpayer money on expensive technologies of dubious effectiveness, purchased through a system of political patronage and government contracts
    3) create a vast new bureaucracy, with as many government union employees as possible
    4) satisfy notions of equality and politically correct behavior
    5) create plausible political cover if an attack does occur, that "we did everything possible to prevent it."

So, pointing out what the Israelis do better is really just a misunderstanding; you don't seem to realize that the two organizations have entirely different agendas, and each is perfectly suited to its mission.
    :yesway:
    rep'd

Pocketman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    I really hate to even mention this, but as long as the BGs aren't blowing up aircraft, we will not likely see any genuine shift in airport security phylosophy.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    IMO, our constitution does not apply to anyone that is not an American.

It actually doesn't apply to any people, it applies to government. The constitution lays out restrictions on government. Think about it. Can congress limit free speech of foreigners? Can they torture foreigners? Can they force foreigners to convert to Jingoism? The answer is no to all of these, according to the Bill of Rights.

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    It actually doesn't apply to any people, it applies to government. The constitution lays out restrictions on government. Think about it. Can congress limit free speech of foreigners? Can they torture foreigners? Can they force foreigners to convert to Jingoism? The answer is no to all of these, according to the Bill of Rights.

Could just ban foreigners all together:D I know that won't cause any problems

Top Bottom