• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • poptab

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    I have been to Amber Indian Restaurant in Carmel and a couple other places but Amber so far has been the better of them.

Anyone have any recommendations?

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    I've never been a huge fan of Amber and when they bought the Castleton restaurant (India Palace, I think) I quit going there. I like Shalimar over in Broad Ripple. There is also a new restaurant off 10th Street across from Wishard that's pretty good. I've eaten there once but can't remember the name.

There's also a good one near Lafayette Square, but again I can't remember the name.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I like the Amber in Carmel, especially at buffet time; theirs is awesome. I liked the Taj of India (that's the one they bought out in Castleton) but haven't been there since. India Sizzling in Fishers is good too. Their buffet is improved but still kind of weak, but the atmosphere is lovely. It's kind of hard to find, tucked back behind the tire place. Don't get to do the restaurant thing much anymore with Mrs E's food allergies.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I had Indian food for the first time two weeks ago. Man have I been missing out! The place I went to was a buffett at the corner of Rockville and Girls School. I figured a buffett would be a good place to start so I could try a little of everything. The name of the place is Tandoori King if anyone is interested in trying a buffett.

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    India Sizzling on 37 and south of 146th gets a thumbs down for the most part by our Indian contingent at work.

I like Amber & Shalimar. They generally get a thumbs up from our Indian contingent at work.

pmorriso

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Columbus, IN
    Purdue's campus has a great little place called Khana Khazana. Lafayette has Sharmas Kitched. I prefer my food made in the back instead of on buffet. Tastes much better.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    We've eaten at Deep in Fishers a couple of times and the food's pretty good. We'll likely go back again, the prices are good and the food and service were good. It's a small place in a strip mall, but don't let that throw you.

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    We've eaten at Deep in Fishers a couple of times and the food's pretty good. We'll likely go back again, the prices are good and the food and service were good. It's a small place in a strip mall, but don't let that throw you.

Forgot about Deep. Deep gets a :yesway: from our guys too.

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    Deep's gone. Been that way for a little while. it reopened as a sweet shop and buffet under another name, but despite their advertising of having a daily lunch buffet, the last three times I've been they haven't had it available. 3 strikes and they're out in my book.

Also, not a huge fan of India Sizzling. I forgot about that place, and there's a reason I did.

Percolater

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Taj of India and Amber Indian are by far the best. Taj you have to pay extra for garlic naan, amber includes it free if asked. Man I love Indian!

A_Brit_In_Indy

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Greenwood, Indiana
    Coming for England and being a lover of all things "CURRY" you have to try The Clay Oven on US31 in Greenwood (in the Walmart strip Mall) it is by FAR the very best curry you will eat, Anil is the owner is awesome and he'll make you feel like a family member in the first minute, FABULOUS food, Kingfisher, Taj Mahal beers, cheap night out, and every so often I do a "British" night out there.
    I've eaten curries all over Indiana and surrounding states and this is the BEST, you won't be disappointed, tell him Thomas the English Man sent you :)

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Shalimar in Broad Ripple. It's in the strip mall across from Broad Ripple High School.

And they do have Kingfisher.

Lunch buffet rocks!

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    We must be talking about different India Sizzlings; the one at 116th & Allisonville, aside from a couple of dimtwit servers, was pretty good in my experience, just weak in the buffet.

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    Was Taj of India

I've never been a huge fan of Amber and when they bought the Castleton restaurant (India Palace, I think) I quit going there. I like Shalimar over in Broad Ripple. There is also a new restaurant off 10th Street across from Wishard that's pretty good. I've eaten there once but can't remember the name.

There's also a good one near Lafayette Square, but again I can't remember the name.

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    Deep is gone

Stubbleducker

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 19, 2009
    Indy
    occaisionally, we'll do the buffet at India Palace over lunch (Lafeyett just north of the Lafayette Square mall). I don't know good indian food from bad, but it tastes pretty good to me. Nowhere as good as thai food, but still pretty decent.

Top Bottom