• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    You also might try creating a thread on the appleseed forum... Im sure not ALL Appleseed instructors are here.

https://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php

And they apparently still have SOME instructors left. I was told by a now former instructor that there should be enough bodies to handle the Crawfordsville shoot in July. Though I emailed HQ a couple days ago to confirm and they have yet to respond....

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    The list of "inactive" instructors on there is amazingly long.

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    Were you a bad boy?
    In a word, no. However, rather than repeating everything here, you can read the explanations posted on the Revere's Riders board ... https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...-reveres-marksmen-event-indiana-schedule.html

The Instructors who you've met over the years at Indiana Appleseed events haven't quit, just moved to a new organization. This new organization, Revere's Riders, offers the same basic rifle marksmanship and history, but will be expanding to include many, many other training and different history segments. You can read more about Revere's Riders here ... Revere's Riders | Shooting Sports ? American History ? Civic Engagement

We hope to see you on the line at one of the Revere's Riders events.

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    In a word, no. However, rather than repeating everything here, you can read the explanations posted on the Revere's Riders board ... https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...-reveres-marksmen-event-indiana-schedule.html

The Instructors who you've met over the years at Indiana Appleseed events haven't quit, just moved to a new organization. This new organization, Revere's Riders, offers the same basic rifle marksmanship and history, but will be expanding to include many, many other training and different history segments. You can read more about Revere's Riders here ... Revere's Riders | Shooting Sports ? American History ? Civic Engagement

We hope to see you on the line at one of the Revere's Riders events.

That's interesting. Given my great experience with Wild Deuce et al, I'll definitely give it a try when you're in my neighborhood.

Thanks for the heads up.

yellowhousejake

Sharpshooter
    Industry Partner
    May 25, 2009
    Greenfield
    Vette is right, not really important at this point. Appleseed will continue if they build a new instructor corps in Indiana. BOTG are minimal at this point.

DAve

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Interesting, and kind of sad. I had noticed Appleseed grow from kind of a smallish organizaaation in IN to one where it seemed very active. Now this. Don't know what happened, but it sure a shame to see the schedule so empty this year.

Dave, what is BOTG?

brotherbill3

Master
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    Interesting, and kind of sad. I had noticed Appleseed grow from kind of a smallish organizaaation in IN to one where it seemed very active. Now this. Don't know what happened, but it sure a shame to see the schedule so empty this year.

Dave, what is BOTG?

Not Dave - but ... "BOTG" = Boots on the Ground ... IIRC
    ETA
    Meaning that the numbers of folks "from Indiana" working in Indiana - are greatly reduced at the moment.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Not Dave - but ... "BOTG" = Boots on the Ground ... IIRC
    ETA
    Meaning that the numbers of folks "from Indiana" working in Indiana - are greatly reduced at the moment.

Got it. Yes, Boots on the ground are very thin in IN, at least based on the schedule for this year. Hope the situation improves!

ol' Huff

Sharpshooter
    Mar 8, 2012
    No one will go into that as its not really important at this stage in the game. What is important is the message will still be delivered.

I would go into it if I had a keyboard and not a phone. It is really important to me though not the way some would think. What is important is the message. What is important is our character. What is important is the country.

Top Bottom