• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I've been reading through this book and there is a LOT of information to digest. As I was reading about carrying knives in a school, one thing jumped out at me. IC 35-47-5-2.5 states that there are no excepted persons. The only way to legally possess a knife on school property is if the school gives it to you, the school authorizes you, or the knife is in your vehicle.

So, my question, how do you get authorization to legally carry a knife on school property? Is it spelled out somewhere?

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    From my reading of the IC as long as your knife isn't intended to be used as a weapon then the carry of a knife on school property isn't illegal.

The examples they give are knives "typically" whose only use is as a weapon as opposed to a folding pocket knife or other "utilitarian" knife.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    From my reading of the IC as long as your knife isn't intended to be used as a weapon then the carry of a knife on school property isn't illegal.

The examples they give are knives "typically" whose only use is as a weapon as opposed to a folding pocket knife or other "utilitarian" knife.

I don't know, look at section c (I'd copy and paste but I can't on my droid).
    You might be right "and intended to be used as a weapon". Seems kinda iffy.

Top Bottom