Indiana I.C. codes/laws?? Where do you look !

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mike4sigs

Master
    Rating - 94.4%
    34   2   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Southern Adams County
    i have been trying to find out a few laws regarding Gun/Firearm's and otheir Indiana laws . and i cant find them ?? using the search engines ! i was on indiana's web site and it didnt help much ! i see people on here post I.C #'s with the full description of the law !! UGH"" i cant find them! help

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Here is the link to the Indiana Code: Indiana Constitution

The majority of the gun-related laws are in this section: Indiana Code TITLE 35, Article 47
    What he said. There might be a few things scattered here and there in other titles.
    Remember that the Ind. Code differs from other states, so don't assume because we have X statute that any other state has anything comparable, or that criminal sentences are the same across the board.

Mind you, just knowing the law may not be much help without reading court opinions as well. The federal and Indiana standards on unreasonable searches, for instance, are different (although the result is about the same). Which is the courts interpreting the Constitution. Not what it says, but what they say it says.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    You can search Indiana appellate decisions on the courts section of IN.gov: Home.

For other states, there is a website affiliated with Cornell U. Law School that has TONS of resources, but you might want to donate to help them. It's not like Findlaw that charges for anything useful. Cornell has plenty of useful free stuff.

http://www.law.cornell.edu/:yesway::yesway::yesway:

I love this site for looking up other states' statutes, cases, and US Code and Regs.

Top Bottom