• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • woundedyak

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2009
    SouthSide
    A lot of that Pension money was invested into the chrysler buildings and local development. Once the government bought Chrysler and tried to sell it to fiat, Indiana said wait a minute we are owed money on this and Obama pretty much told Mitch to beat it and the Unions are first in line and what's ever left you might get. The rumor I heard is that Mitch pitch a pretty good b*tch (say that three times) and this was one of the reason Fiat almost walked. Anyway's, moral of the story is... Never rely on anyone but yourself to secure your future!

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    A lot of that Pension money was invested into the chrysler buildings and local development. Once the government bought Chrysler and tried to sell it to fiat, Indiana said wait a minute we are owed money on this and Obama pretty much told Mitch to beat it and the Unions are first in line and what's ever left you might get. The rumor I heard is that Mitch pitch a pretty good b*tch (say that three times) and this was one of the reason Fiat almost walked. Anyway's, moral of the story is... Never rely on anyone but yourself to secure your future!

The AG even filed suit to stop the sale, for the reasons sited above. It was blatently illegal, but the Feds did it anyway.

No such thing as rule of law anymore when the Federal Government is involved.

Praetorian13

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2010
    Northern, Indiana
    I didn't specifically say we should revolt, old timer. I know the rules around here. I wish I believed we were going to have a peaceful revolution in 14 days, but I don't see that happening. What I think will happen is that all of W. Bush's old friends are going to get their power back and continue to take this country on a quick trip to bankruptcy.

Violence should be a last resort, in most cases, and I never said anything about violence. How is not paying taxes violent? Isn't that a peaceful protest? No, violence is what the government will do to you if you stop paying taxes. They are the bad guys. They will be the ones pounding down your door, shooting your dog, shooting your wife in the face while she's holding your baby (Ruby Ridge) and then burn your house down while your children are inside (Waco, TX).

Anyway, I do believe that higher taxes is certainly something to get crazy over. It's our money, we earned it. They throw it away at other countries and get people hooked on Welfare. I'd rather keep my money and buy some new winter tires and a 1911. But it isn't just the taxes. It's all the restrictions, all the lies, all the unconstitutional things they do with that tax money that really gets me up in arms. I'm simply going to try to prepare for the worst, hope for the best, and in reality, November will probably bring something in the middle.

:yesway: for you lashicoN, I feel sorry for all of the people that think that a peaceful revolution or any of our problems will be solved at the ballot box.
    I am surprised Bill of Rights has not given you any crap and sent you a thread about Civil war on INGO, since they act like it is such a taboo subject.
    And I am totally with you, people back in 1776 knew how to handle the situation.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    And he slaps down the Revolution card!!!
    Although he did throw in a plug for The U.S.
    I don't supposed it's dawned on you yet, junior, that we are going to have a PEACEFUL revolution in 14 days???

In case you haven't noticed, the vast majority of voters in this country opposed bailouts, and yet we get them under bush and obama. The vast majority of voters (dems and rep's) opposed nationalized health care and yet we got obama junior under bush and obama 2.0 under obama.

In what fantasy world do you live where voting is changing anything in this country?

There's no need for the 1776 violent type unless ALL ELSE FAILS!!!!!
    And even then raising taxes to pay for pensions would hardly be a righteous reason to revolt.

Ok, so a 1/4% tax on tea revolt wasn't "righteous" either?
    :rolleyes:

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    In case you haven't noticed, the vast majority of voters in this country opposed bailouts, and yet we get them under bush and obama. The vast majority of voters (dems and rep's) opposed nationalized health care and yet we got obama junior under bush and obama 2.0 under obama.

In what fantasy world do you live where voting is changing anything in this country?

Ok, so a 1/4% tax on tea revolt wasn't "righteous" either?
    :rolleyes:
    Pissing and moaning won't solve a thing.
    Try voting on Nov 2nd.
    It's the American way of resolving political issues.

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    Pissing and moaning won't solve a thing.
    Try voting on Nov 2nd.
    It's the American way of resolving political issues.

Voting is cool and I'll be glad if it changes anything. I just don't believe it actually will. As far as voting being THE American way of resolving political issues, did Thomas Jefferson and the Continental Congress know that? Because their Declaration seems to disagree with you. Also, the civil war wasn't fought with ballots. Our people didn't want to get involved with WW1 or WW2, Vietnam was strongly opposed, as well as Iraq. It seems to me that the American way is - the government ignores the people and has a war, sometimes the people protest and revolt.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    Something to keep in mind with this issue is that not everyone employed by the state is considered a state employee - They work for the state but do not receive state pay wages, state employment benefits nor the job protection that a "state" employee does.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Just expect to die at work. That's the road we are heading down. Until our idiotic Government pulls their heads from each other a**es and stops waisting our hard earned money!

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Just expect to die at work. That's the road we are heading down. Until our idiotic Government pulls their heads from each other a**es and stops waisting our hard earned money!

This is why I am a firm believer in saving for one's own future, instead of relying upon someone else to pay it for me at the end. Social responsibility in a way. At the rate I am saving, I will not even need Social Security (but that is to say it still exists). There realistically should be a tax/income situation where you can select if you even want to put INTO SS.

Those who get union, fire, state, federal or police pensions should be savin' too. At the rate of those systems, they will falter. What infuriates me beyond words is the fact that I have to pay for their ignorance and, for lack of a better term, laziness in saving for their own futures because of fraud, deception, cronism, nepotism, rasputism, etc... I will pay their wages with my taxes, THEY should save for their own ****ing future.

Top Bottom