Indiana Students Defy High School's Stupid 'No American Flags' Rule…

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Years ago, a police dog alerted at my daughter's vehicle in the school parking lot when they were checking out vehicles. They searched the vehicle, left everything a mess, and didn't find anything. No apologies.

You may want to consider whom you are dealing with and set realistic expectations

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    88   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    Well... for 2 weeks now I've been leaving my info at the TV station that did the story trying to get contact info on the young man. Same story every time. They'll pass it along to the reporter who did the original story. I never heard back. Now, I know better that to call and ask the school. They'll never give out info on a 17 year old minor student. What am I to do with this box of flags? They leave me no choice.

So today I drive 2.5 hrs each way to the school. However, thanks to the rain, and Indy traffic... I get there late, and school is in the process of letting out. Ended up leaving the flags for him at the office.

IMG_0379.JPG IMG_0380.JPG

Side note: I asked the lady showing me around If she has ever read "1984".
    "No" she answers... "why?"
    I point to the flyers on almost every other locker in the hall...

IMG_0381.JPG

I tried to explain it as delicately as I could, but I kept breaking out laughing.
    Anyhow... I hope the kid passes out the car flags to everyone. It's a box of 100.

jdfog2

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2015
    West Central Indiana
    Yeah - I posted an answer to the wrong post - that K9 supply place has scents K9 training - (I was trying to show that stuff exists that in fact would work. )

An earlier post stated: I screwed up and responded to the thread instead of that specific post. I deleted it but...the internet lives forever !

Shadow01 said:
    Now if you could only find an oil that drug dogs would alert on and apply it to random administration and teacher vehicles in the parking lots on random days…

Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    Yeah - I posted an answer to the wrong post - that K9 supply place has scents K9 training - (I was trying to show that stuff exists that in fact would work. )

An earlier post stated: I screwed up and responded to the thread instead of that specific post. I deleted it but...the internet lives forever !

Shadow01 said:
    Now if you could only find an oil that drug dogs would alert on and apply it to random administration and teacher vehicles in the parking lots on random days…
    :lmfao:I was thinking they had some stuff in the 70’s something something oil. Probably still around somewhere.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    Well... for 2 weeks now I've been leaving my info at the TV station that did the story trying to get contact info on the young man. Same story every time. They'll pass it along to the reporter who did the original story. I never heard back. Now, I know better that to call and ask the school. They'll never give out info on a 17 year old minor student. What am I to do with this box of flags? They leave me no choice.

So today I drive 2.5 hrs each way to the school. However, thanks to the rain, and Indy traffic... I get there late, and school is in the process of letting out. Ended up leaving the flags for him at the office.

View attachment 344717 View attachment 344718

Side note: I asked the lady showing me around If she has ever read "1984".
    "No" she answers... "why?"
    I point to the flyers on almost every other locker in the hall...

View attachment 344719

I tried to explain it as delicately as I could, but I kept breaking out laughing.
    Anyhow... I hope the kid passes out the car flags to everyone. It's a box of 100.
    @daddyusmaximus

Thank you for this! I truly hope that young man receives the flags and he and his classmates make good use of them. That was a generous and worthwhile thing to do.

It looks like that school Board and Administration need a 100% turnover, probably along with a large percentage of the staff. I don't believe it is any coincidence that the students have figured this out and started putting up "Big Brother" flyers, but the staff are oblivious to the literary connection.

rbhargan

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2012
    Carmel/Liberty
    @daddyusmaximus

Thank you for this! I truly hope that young man receives the flags and he and his classmates make good use of them. That was a generous and worthwhile thing to do.

It looks like that school Board and Administration need a 100% turnover, probably along with a large percentage of the staff. I don't believe it is any coincidence that the students have figured this out and started putting up "Big Brother" flyers, but the staff are oblivious to the literary connection.
    I suspect that if any of the administrators/staff ever read "1984," they mistook it for a "how to" guide. Very sad. :dunno:

Top Bottom