• Status
    Not open for further replies.

indymike12

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2013
    martinsville
    The Indianapolis Media is really pushing tightening of local Red Flag laws. They are already celebrating being able to entirely bypass the prosecutor's office and got straight to a judge. By WTHR's own admission, incidents of approved requests jumped from 8 in 45 prior to making that change to 36 for 36 since.
    I agree there is a place for a Red Flag law but as I see this reporting I am reminded of something my friend Ken Campbell, former Boone Count Sheriff used to say... "You can bet if a law is good for me (a Sheriff), it's bad for you. Their batting average jumping straight to 100% CANNOT be all good for us.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    The Indianapolis Media is really pushing tightening of local Red Flag laws. They are already celebrating being able to entirely bypass the prosecutor's office and got straight to a judge. By WTHR's own admission, incidents of approved requests jumped from 8 in 45 prior to making that change to 36 for 36 since.
    I agree there is a place for a Red Flag law but as I see this reporting I am reminded of something my friend Ken Campbell, former Boone Count Sheriff used to say... "You can bet if a law is good for me (a Sheriff), it's bad for you. Their batting average jumping straight to 100% CANNOT be all good for us.
    Are you referring to the "Red Flag Loophole" that I saw this morning.

It was trying to spin it as some kind of loophole that led to the Fed Ex shooting and not Mears being incompetent and playing the numbers game instead of doing his job.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom