• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CB45

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I'd say so, considering there where only 7 GM's that shot our Area match.

What gives with your classification? Limited A and B everything else??? Aren't you a big time sponsored 3G guy? I see you don't shoot a lot of USPSA, has your classification not caught up with your skills?

Or is pistol not a large part of 3G? 2 on paper an move on...

Jesse Tischauser

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2011
    Oklahoma
    I'd say so, considering there where only 7 GM's that shot our Area match.

What gives with your classification? Limited A and B everything else??? Aren't you a big time sponsored 3G guy? I see you don't shoot a lot of USPSA, has your classification not caught up with your skills?

Or is pistol not a large part of 3G? 2 on paper an move on...

I started in USPSA. I have shot 3 USPSA matches this year. One classifier match to test out my new CZ SP01 Shadow (built by Matt Mink at Automatic Accuracy, yes it's awesome!), Double Tap Championship and then Production Nationals. I shot those cause they are close to home. I started shooting 15-20 state, regional or national level 3 gun matches when I hit A/B class. Now I don't shoot much USPSA. There is no good way to get classified higher without shooting a bunch of club matches. I'll probably get bumped to A Production for winning B class at Nationals.

I'd like to think I could become a GM if that was my goal. I shoot the major pistol matches at a top level A classification or mid pack M classification based on the other shooters scores. 3 guns pistol skill set is much different then USPSA classifiers or even field courses. We shoot a lot more small steel and longer distance steel and a lot faster, shoot on the move with two anywhere on paper type stuff. Draws, reloads, weakhand, hands up, holding coffe cups, turn and draw and other USPSA classifier skills are almost never tested in 3 gun. We almost always draw and reload on the move and the gun is always loaded or mag inserted on an empty chamber. 3 gun to me is more fun because it's more dynamic and fast. The pistol GM's are much better with the short gun than most 3 gun guys from what I've seen.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I started in USPSA. I have shot 3 USPSA matches this year. One classifier match to test out my new CZ SP01 Shadow (built by Matt Mink at Automatic Accuracy, yes it's awesome!), Double Tap Championship and then Production Nationals. I shot those cause they are close to home. I started shooting 15-20 state, regional or national level 3 gun matches when I hit A/B class. Now I don't shoot much USPSA. There is no good way to get classified higher without shooting a bunch of club matches. I'll probably get bumped to A Production for winning B class at Nationals.

I'd like to think I could become a GM if that was my goal. I shoot the major pistol matches at a top level A classification or mid pack M classification based on the other shooters scores. 3 guns pistol skill set is much different then USPSA classifiers or even field courses. We shoot a lot more small steel and longer distance steel and a lot faster, shoot on the move with two anywhere on paper type stuff. Draws, reloads, weakhand, hands up, holding coffe cups, turn and draw and other USPSA classifier skills are almost never tested in 3 gun. We almost always draw and reload on the move and the gun is always loaded or mag inserted on an empty chamber. 3 gun to me is more fun because it's more dynamic and fast. The pistol GM's are much better with the short gun than most 3 gun guys from what I've seen.

Hey, Jesse:

Since you mentioned that, that's something that has puzzled me every time I see it on "3 Gun Nation." When you guys have your pistol holstered, you always have to rack the slide to load after drawing. Is that some weird thing they like to do for specific courses of fire, or is it a part of the rules you use? What's the rationale for making everyone have a charged magazine inserted, but unloaded gun in their holster?

Jesse Tischauser

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2011
    Oklahoma
    Hey, Jesse:

Since you mentioned that, that's something that has puzzled me every time I see it on "3 Gun Nation." When you guys have your pistol holstered, you always have to rack the slide to load after drawing. Is that some weird thing they like to do for specific courses of fire, or is it a part of the rules you use? What's the rationale for making everyone have a charged magazine inserted, but unloaded gun in their holster?

We do lots of full throttle running before shooting the pistol. If it doesn't have a round chambered and it falls out of the holster its safer especially when there are a bunch of TV crew and spectators standing near by.

Top Bottom