Indiana's Turkey electronic harvest reporting system (telecheck)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shootin'IN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2010
    S.W. Indiana
    The future starts this weekend in Indiana.:yesway:
    Hunters during the spring and youth turkey season will have the option of reporting their harvest information with this a free online system through the Department of Natural Resources called CheckIN Game.
    The CheckIN Game system is an online system to allow hunters to check in their harvested game. It is a free and can be used from any computer or mobile device with an internet connection.
    This system will be up and running by April 21th, 2012, for the start of youth turkey season.

Here is a link to use.
    DNR: CheckIN Game

gvsugod

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   1
    Mar 19, 2012
    SW Indianapolis
    Forgive my stupid question. But since I am new to IN I am still learning the laws. Does this then replace the need to check your bird in in person at a check station?

Shootin'IN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2010
    S.W. Indiana
    Forgive my stupid question. But since I am new to IN I am still learning the laws. Does this then replace the need to check your bird in in person at a check station?

Yes

Hunters who use this system will receive a confirmation number that must be written down on their temporary transportation tag for the harvested game species.
    Your confirmation number will need to stay on the harvested game until processed.

Shootin'IN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2010
    S.W. Indiana
    I like the idea of convenience, but there's something special about going to the check-in station with a nice tom :)

I going to miss the fresh donuts, hot coffee, & deer chili at the check-in station on opening day of firearms season.
    If I'm hunting close to the check-in station I may just do my check there, for the free stuff.

hunter_47443

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2010
    Greene Co.
    This is from DNR's Wild Bulletin (last paragraph)

To access CheckIN Game visit: hunting.IN.gov/7365.htm.
    Directions for using the system will be posted on the CheckIN Game website; however, the system has a user-friendly design.
    “The simple drop-down lists and the automatic filling in of information allows hunters to quickly and easily check their game,” Reiter said.
    CheckIN Game will be available this weekend during the two-day youth season and when the regular spring turkey hunting season begins on April 25.
    This fall, CheckIN Game likely will be expanded to include checking in white-tailed deer and fall-season turkey.

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    The deer check in would be fantastic. Nothing like loosing an arrow 10 minutes before dark, waiting half an hour to ensure you don't jump the deer if it hasn't expired, tracking, gutting, dragging and loading into the truck. Then, either finding a check in station still open or bringing it in the next day. I just always found the process to be a PIA.

If they go to an online check in for deer, that would be great. I'm curious though how they would determine buck vs doe with our 1 buck rule. I can't imagine they would allow the honor system on that.

Willie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Warrick County
    .........................If they go to an online check in for deer, that would be great. I'm curious though how they would determine buck vs doe with our 1 buck rule. I can't imagine they would allow the honor system on that.

It is already an "honor system". How many of us actually have a check in person come out and look at your deer? If it is a nice buck, maybe.. A hunter says he has a doe and NO ONE will go look at it.

Got a better one on "honor system". How about the Earn a Buck on the UDZ? An hour after opening morning a lot of ghost does are going to die via "telecheck". In spite of that I still like it.

This is not really "telecheck" and there is no phone call in.If one does not have a "smart phone" witha data plan they will have to wait until they get home to register their deer/turkey.

DEC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 25, 2008
    Angola
    I used the new system this morning to check in a turkey for my daughter. SLICK and SIMPLE. Love it!!!!!

Haymaker

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Jennings County
    Check stations are still open! But I guess if they ever close there is nothing that keeps you from stopping by the ol' store and show off your kill to your buds.

Top Bottom