• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    That makes me want to go to my local Wal-Mart and ask them that since they are in bed with Homeland Security, as an added bit of safety I should be able to walk around their store with a fully loaded AR-15 over my shoulder and not cause a stir....right????

I'm serious, I might just ask the next time I am there!

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    It would be interesting if you had a poll attached - Will your walmart shopping habits change based upon their "partnership" with DHS. My guess is that people won't change a thing.

I find it interesting that DHS announced this inituative in conjunction with walmart. I wonder why?

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    I find it interesting that DHS announced this inituative in conjunction with walmart. I wonder why?

Off the top of my head.

Shopping season. WM is the #1 destination for shoppers for the next month or so.

Trusted name. The vast majority of people (outside of gun boards) trust the WM name and like the services they provide.

Market penetration. WMs are everywhere and just finished a company wide upgrade of many stores - thus the video screens at checkouts. Teaming up with WM is a great way to get the DHS brand out there and accepted. Again, the vast majority of America does not fly, doesn't have broadband internet access, and generally aren't as tuned in is as the people we interact with around here. For many locales, especially those that are rural (WMs original business plan btw), WM provides the only/best priced means of procuring staples. Captive audience.

Damage Control? Maybe, lost of bad press lately.

Lastly, and I am going to sound elitist saying this, but perhaps the profile of the average WM shopper is that of one that is easily swayed by propaganda, particularly that of the authoritarian nature. I don't think the videos would have the same impact if they were being played at Saks, Tiffany's, Macy's, etc.

I wonder how many tax dollars are being funneled into the coffers of WM. After all, they are selling ad space.

Coach13

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 13, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    My question: Define something? And then the exageration that something will become...... No offense to anyone here but, anyone ever really look at some of the walmart staff? No exactly sharpos:dunno: What do they think they might see..... OC-CC could now be a problem.

I can hear it now, "I saw him with a gun and he was looking at duct tape, I think he said something about building a bomb"... And their buddy, "He looked like a terrorist"...

This pisses me off for some reason. What do you guys think?
    :popcorn:

John Galt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Himmler would be proud! Seriously, we are living in such a surreal time in a country that has a Constitution as great as what we have, but with elected leaders that swear an oath to preserve, protect, and defend it who are actually the greatest threat to our freedoms and liberty. The "good" thing of what is happening is that the charade will eventually (within a few years!) collapse due to its own weight and the inevitable consequences that such fraud, deceit, and tyranny brings. I say "good" because I believe there are enough freedom-loving people left to rebuild what will be left of the destruction.
    Pray for peace but prepare accordingly - God Bless America!

Top Bottom