• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    If you are buying from a FFL, yes, just like in a store.

There is no "loophole", the law still applies, even on 38th Street. Now if IMPD could actually have people follow the law on 38th Street.:laugh:

Maybe it's a myth I heard about gun shows then.
    Or maybe it was about something else, like there is no waiting period in gun shows as opposed to FFL dealers in stores.
    That must be in states where they have a waiting period.

I must have heard on TV, something like "In gun shows drug dealers can buy machine guns without a background check and get free ammo on top of that". :rolleyes:

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    The "loophole" the "libs" are talking about, is that you, and I can take a gun into the show and sell it, or trade it, with no checks.... Been LEGAL in In., for YEARS .....

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Does anybody actually slash the price on there firearms? it seems like the price is the same as it would be in the store. Well i only shop at Plainfield and Bradis.

we don't lower our prices to go to shows. we also only mark up 10% over cost on new firearms so it leaves no room to slash

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    I went to the show late Sunday afternoon and got some deals on things I just happen to like and decide to buy.

First up is a couple items purchased from a new vendor that has opened up a business @ 8017 East Washington St. in Indy called Indiana Self Defense. They're carrying items that relate to hunting, survival, camping and tactical stuff.

I bought a 60 pack box of 4.225 oz individual water packs for $18.00 that are US Coast Guard approved and can also be frozen (great for the bob) and a 3.0 liter imitation Camel Bak style water bladder for 17.50 that looks very good.

2011-10-23_22-04-51_132.jpg
    2011-10-23_22-14-01_132.jpg

Then on the far southside of the show I picked up a single point sling for $15.00
    2011-10-23_22-16-29_695.jpg

The last item was not a 1500 purchase, but one that a lot of people might be interested in.

My buddy ComputerGeek needed to pick some sort of root called Ginger at the Saraga International Grocery store at 3500 S. Lafayette Rd. so while we was in there I browsed around and ran across this little gem.

A single burner butane stove for 19.00 and 4 bottle pack of butane for 4.99.

Great little item that can be used when needed outside at home or camping, or in a emergency situation to cook on and to boil water to kill bacteria and germs.
    2011-10-23_22-12-38_243.jpg

Also as a little side note, prices there was pleasantly surprising as I also purchased 1.6 pounds of 90% lean ground beef that was freshly ground.

Great day out and about, when I got home I promptly put an appropriate amount of water in both mine and my wife's emergency bags.

I know I'm looking forward to visiting Indiana Self Defense's storefront on the way home from work this week to see all that they carry and stock.:yesway:

Dragon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Muncie, IN
    Went shopping for a new Remington 870, passed up two good deals, got a fair deal in the end. Almost picked up a Walther P22 for $279 new, I've wanted one for the longest!!

LarryHoosier

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 22, 2011
    Go prepared

I've been to many gun shows and shops in various states of the USA during the past 10 years or so and I have learned a few bits of wisdom. If you go to a gun show looking for nothing in particular and hope to discover someone giving away valuable firearms you are probably dreaming and should wake up immediately. If you buy a firearm without prior knowlege of nor experiance with but you buy it because it seems like a good idea you are setting yourself up for buyer's remorse. If you do your research and know what you want to pay for a given firearm or related item and then proceed to attempt to buy that item at that price you will probably come away from the experience with a positive feeling, purcahse or no. And the last thing is, always ask what the best deal that you can make at that very minute from that very vendor is and don't take it personal if it doesn't fit your wallet. A thank you for your time and a smile usually makes both sides of the table square with the event.:ingo:

BigMatt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    Went shopping for a new Remington 870, passed up two good deals, got a fair deal in the end. Almost picked up a Walther P22 for $279 new, I've wanted one for the longest!!

Man, I passed on a NIB P22 from a lady for $250. I offered her $225 and if I pressed her, I could have gotten it for that, but I didn't want to be a jerk.

Cwood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    NE Ohio
    I picked up

Pelican 1700 case
    Raven holster for my 1911
    Fresh soft armor in a TAG Carrier
    ZT 350
    New display case