• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    I have decided to vote for him, despite having voted for Burton every time I've been eligible to vote.

Not because of this endorsement, but because it's time to shake things up and I broadly agree with Libertarian principles.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    You'd rather vote for Burton? Seriously? I know he's decent on 2A, but he's been nothing but an embarrassment to the district and missed quite a few important votes so he could pursue his golfing addiction. He's also gone out of his way to alienate one of the largest employers in the Indianapolis area, using junk science. Oh, well. To each his own, I suppose.

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    You'd rather vote for Burton? Seriously? I know he's decent on 2A, but he's been nothing but an embarrassment to the district and missed quite a few important votes so he could pursue his golfing addiction. He's also gone out of his way to alienate one of the largest employers in the Indianapolis area, using junk science. Oh, well. To each his own, I suppose.

What is the Star doing? Any friend of theirs is an enemy of mine. Chard's stances seem to be in line with mine, but that endorsement has me jumpy.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Sure I can, go look at his website. It's the largest text on the page. He puts a whole lot of value and importance on it.
    I would, too. It's the largest newspaper in the state. That actually means something in terms of publicity. Shoot, this thread advertises the endorsement. Unless the news is about a scandal, there's no such thing as bad publicity.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    There have been several reports around the country of democrat issues groups pouring money into conservative third party campaigns.

This smacks of similar hijinks.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    There have been several reports around the country of democrat issues groups pouring money into conservative third party campaigns.

Naw, this is just the Star being the Star. If the republicans hadn't gone out of their way to throw ringers into the primary he'd have been beaten there, but the gop decided to play games with it and made it so he had too many opponents in the primary for him to lose. Chard certainly hasn't made any money off of this. It would have been nice if he had.

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009

Something is up. I like Libertarians as much as the next guy, but I haven't drunken too much kool-aid to see this.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I know you're smarter than that. :):
    Hey, it's not like the Klan or StormFront endorsed him. It was just the largest paper in the state. To hear conservatives say it the Star is so far left they take marching orders from the ghosts of Lenin and Marx. To hear the lefties say is the Star is so far right they hold sabbats for McCarthy and Reagan. My guess is the Star is just slightly left of centre on most days and somewhere in the middle on others. There are worse news organs in this state.

Top Bottom