• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AGarbers

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Martinsville
    Last year I shelled out big bucks (to me) to buy a new infared camera thinking it wouldn't spook the deer. However, I did notice many of the does looking at the camera in the pic it took. I assumed I didn't get all my scent covered when I checked the card. However, this summer I was trying to catch an image of what keeps waking the dogs and tripping the motion lights on my house at night. During this time I noticed my new camera flashed the red LEDs at me on my way to my truck each morning. I would think the deer would see the same thing!
    This past weeked I talked with another hunter who said every big buck that he photographed with his infrared camera also bolted away, never to be seen on the camera again. He decided to upgrade to a camera whose LEDs don't emit visible light. Sory, I don't know the name.
    Anyone else have an experience like this?

buckhunterbb

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Kimmell
    Haven't used infared but have used whiteflash homebrew cameras. Some spook some don't. Blacklight cameras supposed to emit no light as whiteflash or infared.

Mr.Lubie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Sep 24, 2008
    Never had a deer bolt off and never to be seen again from my trail cam because the flash.Most will look at it and go about there business.After a few nights of a new cam being out there they don't even look at it anymore

Top Bottom