• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Are those your combined rate? And do you have any concern with the fed playing too loose and fast with CIP-U due to political pressure?

Yes, my oldest ones are from 2004. I haven't bought any in a few years, but looks like maybe time to move some of my emergency fund CD ladder into more I-bonds...but I probably won't.

I don't, really. Primarily because I don't have any control over it and there's nothing safer, let alone safer with this return right now. I know it won't last very long, comparatively, but it's "fun" to see.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    March 2021
    1nderbeard said:

Heard on a radio show inflation of 25% on basically everything is 12 months away. Better predict the next 13-36 months will be massive amounts of lost dollar value. Maybe longer if the D win and continue spending and printing money.

Now is the time to invest in long term goods that will hedge against inflation.

Let me guess: he advised buying gold.

I can see some inflation (like there is on building materials), and there would be some if there's a $15 min. wage.

:rofl:

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I need to vent for just a bit.

Many know I own a RV dealership in Fort Wayne, been here 15 years now. In 2017 I was the 12th largest volume dealership in Indiana, I was hustling. In 2018 I had the quickest turn over of camper sales out of any Forest River dealership in the country.

Fast forward to today. I have not sold a camper since November. My cost on new units from Forest River have gone up $2300 in the last 90 days. All units have gone up at least 100% in the last year and thats if I can even get them. Campers I could sell for $8950.00 in 2019 now cost me $18000.00. . . . for the same ****ing camper. . . my cost. By the grace of God we made it through the pandemic. I love my job, I love what I do, I started it from scratch with $750.00 to my name, but this inflation will most likely shut our doors.

To those who voted for this **** stain in office, go **** yourselves.

Thanks for the vent.

Tim

Last edited:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

Many know I own a RV dealership in Fort Wayne, been here 15 years now. In 2017 I was the 12th largest volume dealership in Indiana, I was hustling. In 2018 I had the quickest turn over of camper sales out of any Forest River dealership in the country.

Fast forward to today. I have not sold a camper since November. My cost on new units from Forest River have gone up $2300 in the last 90 days. All units have gone up at least 100% in the last year and thats if I can even get them. Campers I could sell for $8950.00 in 2019 now cost me $18000.00. . . . for the same ****ing camper. . . my cost. By the grace of God we made it through the pandemic. I love my job, I love what I do, I started it from scratch with $750.00 to my name, but this inflation will most likely shut our doors.

Thanks for the vent.

Tim

Sorry to hear that dude.

El Conquistador

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Jan 28, 2019
    far from here

Thanks for the vent.

Tim
    I am really sorry to hear this. I hope you can survive this mess.

Lpherr

Occupied

Thanks for the vent.

Tim
    Sorry to hear this, and it's industry wide.
    Between shortages, and not being able to find quality people, it's been bad since the lockdowns.
    Now with the inflation hitting, and China going back to lockdowns, within 3 months the industry is predicted to go belly up.
    Do you have outstanding orders? There are many dealers cancelling their orders from being in your exact situation.
    I hope you're able to pull through, but it will be a long road.
    #FJB

Top Bottom