• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    WOW!
    That's what happens when you beerbong Jack Daniel's.

I like this quote -
    Police said when they asked Clark what day it was, he replied, "Three, but now it is four."

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    We seem to cover this topic yearly.

the .700 club is when you're over .700 and still talking.

Warkentin said he was taught at police academy that someone with a BAC of more than .4 percent is "clinically dead."

He just embarrassed his teachers

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    .44, drove a Mercedes on top of an equipment trailer.

.56/HTV-Life, through a T intersection, rolled vehicle across recently plowed soybean field, a township FD found her IN the field facedown like Wile E. Coyote.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    There was a woman that died in the LaPorte County jail...I think that was just last week...that was .447 and had driven her car into a pond. The hospital did the BAC and then they took her to jail. Lots of speculation going on in the media about whether or not she should have been hospitalized for observation due to the high BAC.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I've never understood how people can get that far and still be able to lift a glass to their mouth.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I have not heard of this particular one. What did she die of?

it takes an hour or so to get a BAC back. So that .447 was .417 by the time the result came back. When they discharge and take her to jail, now she's a .387.

Everything will be second guessed. We call it the retrospectoscope. It has great clarity. I wonder how many times that hospital saw her with an alcohol level that high.

Not sure it applies here, but the Feds have adjudicated that hospitals are not responsible for what happens to people who are drunk when discharged and do something to harm selves or others. It's probably more nuanced than that, but I'm glad for that ruling.

There was a woman that died in the LaPorte County jail...I think that was just last week...that was .447 and had driven her car into a pond. The hospital did the BAC and then they took her to jail. Lots of speculation going on in the media about whether or not she should have been hospitalized for observation due to the high BAC.

Last edited:

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    pretty sure a double shot of everclear will get you there. Don't have to worry about holding the glass for the second drink.

I second that.
    Played quarters with everclear. They should call it everfoggy.
    I was 15 and got a ride home from this college guy and his girl friend sitting between them in his Datsun pickup. Apparently I was heavily hitting on her the whole way home. I don't remember any of that or even what she looked like. :n00b:

I do remember the next morning screaming at porcelain all day.

Wouldn't have changed it for nothin. I miss those days. :rolleyes:

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I have not heard of this particular one. What did she die of?

it takes an hour or so to get a BAC back. So that .447 was .417 by the time the result came back. When they discharge and take her to jail, now she's a .387.

Everything will be second guessed. We call it the retrospectoscope. It has great clarity. I wonder how many times that hospital saw her with an alcohol level that high.

Not sure it applies here, but the Feds have adjudicated that hospitals are not responsible for what happens to people who are drunk when discharged and do something to harm selves or others. It's probably more nuanced than that, but I'm glad for that ruling.

Autopsy scheduled after woman dies at LaPorte County Jail | Local - WSBT.com

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I assumed when someone's bac was that high that they pumped their stomach?

We rarely do that anymore. Gastric lavage doesn't help most people because most ingestions aren't life threatening And pills don't fit up the tubes we use. Alcohol is in the blood with BAC like that, can't suck it out of the stomach if it isn't there. Taking an altered person and ramming a big hose down their gullet tends to make them fight, vomit, cough, etc. that leads to aspiration of gastric contents, perforations of esophagus, and other bad things.

most of what you put in your stomach is out of there in an hour anyway. Especially liquids. We don't really dO charcoal anymore either except for rare drug ingestions. It just plain doesn't work very well and huge complications sometimes.

Oddly... She was put in jail at 10pm Friday night. She was booked at 6am Saturday. She was found dead at 1:30am Sunday.

? Alcohol withdrawal seizure? Undiagnosed trauma from car accident? Strange one for sure. I feel bad for everyone involved.

Last edited:

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I second that.
    Played quarters with everclear. They should call it everfoggy.
    I was 15 and got a ride home from this college guy and his girl friend sitting between them in his Datsun pickup. Apparently I was heavily hitting on her the whole way home. I don't remember any of that or even what she looked like. :n00b:

I do remember the next morning screaming at porcelain all day.

Wouldn't have changed it for nothin. I miss those days. :rolleyes:

Oh, the days of misspent teenage youth.:)

Top Bottom