• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Doesn't matter what page it is, it perpetually loads.

I.e. it sticks at 99.999% and keeps going.

Basically someone in IT has screwed up when they were jerking around with the banner ads and there is an open portal or something floating around out there.

Doesn't matter if it's a forum, subforum or individual post.

Anyway, it's not just sucking bandwidth, but it's what is, IMO causing such a bog down on the server and thats why it's been running slower than normal.

Firefox is the easiest way to to notice it, look up at your INGO tab... it's STILL spinning... look down at your green progress bar.... it's still at 99%...

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I'm using Firefox and having no hang ups at all. Usually, when it does happen to me it's a third party ad, but INGO isn't doing it to me at the moment.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Only happens here on INGO. Very strange. No, no virus' here, unless it made it thru all my anti0virus and just decided to only affect pages from INGO, lol.

Trophyhunter: It's been a week or two since I noticed. The down side is, if I walk away from my laptop, it won't sleep because it's "working".

Basically I have to hit the X (aka stop button) to get it to stop. Very annoying.

FYI, it's not a third party ad, aside from blocking them all (which I didn't do prior to a few days ago to try and stop this) it displays: "read ingunowners.com"

Definitely an INGO issue and it's eating INGO's bandwidth. While private internet users don't get charged with bandwidth, INGO has to buy it in blocks...

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I can't reproduce it and the bandwidth usage looks normal. can you put a packet sniffer on and see what, specifically, it's looking for? Because it certainly doesn't seem to be anything on INGO.

Top Bottom