INGO Member Wins National Shooting Title at Camp Perry!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    In Rimfire Sporter you are not allowed to use shooting coats, shooting gloves or other aids of this type. You are allowed to wear the maximum of two sweatshirts and a work glove. This is to keep the expense down and make this match affordable to anyone who has a .22lr capable of meeting the match requirements of being below 7.5lbs and having a trigger pull of more then 3 lbs.

I do not believe RSO did this out of maliciousness and I don't think he realized how rattled our interaction would make me. I believe he was a poorly trained volunteer, that had the misfortune to do what he thought was correct.

Thank you for the explanation and congratulations on your win.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    From down by East Fork White River! All the women down there can shoot but DAYUM!! Congrats Rayne!!

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    I first met Rayne at an Atterbury KD Appleseed, and you can tell from her exploits she has a "growth mentality" and is only going to continue to get better.

I also understand from her comments here she's dipping a toe into highpower competition, and if that's true, it will only expand her knowledge base, as there's a lot of good sources down there to learn from. The "sling" end of the firing line can use some more faces.

Way to go Jeannie!

Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute
    Congratulations and well earned. Winning or setting personal best scores under adverse conditions is always a character builder, and makes you stronger in future events. Good for Rayne!!

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    Thank you to all for the Congratulations. I really hope that my exploits will encourage all but especially women to learn to use a firearm efficiently. I am proof that you need not be young or athletically built to be able to do so.

Ladies, it's a man's sport but that is changing as more and more women take on shooting. You don't have to be into competitive shooting like myself, but go to the range and practice. Ask questions, learn by watching others(those that know what they are doing), don't be afraid to try shooting. If being at the range with a bunch of guys intimidates you, find a competent lady instructor or another lady friend to go to the range with. It is a lot of fun and it is an important skill to have.

Top Bottom