• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jwfuhrman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.5%
    21   1   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Decatur
    Come out and join us for Hillside Shooting Sports MultiGun match Sunday, 6-30-2013. It will be a fun and challenging test of your rifle, handgun, and shotgun skills. We are planning on 6 courses of fire.

MATCH DATE: Sunday June 30, 2013
    Registration Closes: 9:45AM - DO NOT BE LATE. ONCE I CLOSE THE DOORS TO THE OFFICE, THEY ARE CLOSED.

Shooters' Meeting: 10:15 AM
    Match starts immediately following shooters' meeting
    RULES: Indiana MultiGun Rules
    Please see our website, IndianaMultiGun.com for more info.
    MATCH FEE: $25 Adult, $15 for juniors with paid adult. RO's AND SETUP CREW SHOOT FREE

PLEASE BRING EXACT CHANGE! WE DO NOT HAVE CHANGE ON HAND.

SET-UP: Set-up will be on Saturday before the match. This Saturday, we will get started around 4:00pm. Please let us know if you can help, even if only for an hour. The more help we get from volunteers, the better the matches will be!

Approximate Minimum Round count:
    Rifle – 75
    Handgun - 75
    Birdshot – 75
    Slug – 5

I recommend that you bring double the numbers above for the ammo that you bring to the match. You can always take ammo back home with you, but running out at the match is a bummer!

If you shot one of our Multi-Gun matches before, you can expect this match’s difficulty level to be similar. If haven’t shot one of our Multi-Gun matches, you may find this match to be somewhat more demanding than your typical USPSA or IDPA club pistol match— expect some shots to be a bit more technically demanding, and some shooting positions to be a bit more awkward physically.*

It will benefit you to know the point of impact (POI) of all 3 of your guns, from contact distance out to approximately 350 yards with Rifle and 75 yards with Slug. Long Range Rifle Targets will be 1/2 Case IPSC AR500 Fuhrman Precision Flash Targets. Slug Targets will be 2/3 Scale IPSC AR500 Static Steel.
    Please see our website, IndianaMultiGun.com for more info.

NOTE: that all matches at Hillside, ACC, Wildcat Valley are conducted under a COLD RANGE as per USPSA rules. All guns must be either holstered (or bagged) at all times, unloaded, hammer down, with no magazine inserted. Long guns should remain bagged, or in a rack with an open action, and/or an "empty chamber indicator" (flag) in place. It is the shooter's responsibility to ensure that the muzzle of any gun is never pointed in an unsafe direction. You may only handle your gun only at the direction of the range officer (RO), or in the designated "safe areas." You may not handle any ammunition or loaded magazines in the safe areas. Violation of these or any other safety rules shall result in a match disqualification.*

philbert001

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 4, 2012
    Allen County
    I am torn between diving straight into competition this weekend, or popping my 3gun cherry on practice day. What say you local 3 gun people?
    (I can't do both days, as I can only offload the kids one day or the other!)

tohm

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 26, 2012
    Lowell
    Shoot the match. This is a good one to see what they are about. Talk to others everyone there had a first match you probably won't be the only new shooter.

Latewatch

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 13, 2012
    Henryville, IN
    Shoot the match. This is a good one to see what they are about. Talk to others everyone there had a first match you probably won't be the only new shooter.

+1, come on out and shoot. You'll see exactly what skills you will need to work on and get the opportunity to watch and talk to more experienced 3 Gunners.

Dr Dave

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    Planning on getting out to this one.
    Quick question.
    How far is the furthest birdshot target ? I currently run a cyl bore choke and want to know if I should change.
    Thanks !
    Dave

cschwanz

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    If you have different chokes, bring them along. You can swap them out before each stage. Last match I changed chokes 3 times before different stages. Some you will want wide open, others you will want tighter.

Top Bottom