• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    There are pocket holsters for guns. Is there anything like that for folders? I no longer want to carry the folder with the clip on the pants pocket. Some pockets have a sort of divider in the pocket (for coins), and it's just the perfect size to retain the folder and keep it in a fixed, drawable position. Of course, most pockets don't have that divider. So I put it to the collective knowledge of the forum: where can I find a pocket holster for folders?

Thanks!

Da Bing

DaKruiser

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    I would make one, if you wanted to do it on the "cheap" I would start with a pocket holster for a pistol and sew the opening smaller to fit the knife.:dunno:

Squib

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    Indianapolis
    This one is easy; I've been doing it for years. I don't like the pocket clip advertising itself, either.

You can buy different size widths of elastic at frabric stores. I usually get 1 3/4 inch. Cut it to the length you need and sew it into the back side of any pocket you prefer, using a stitch that leaves the top open. When you slide your knife into that elastic pocket it is held in place and does not print. Depending on the knife, I'll remove the clip which makes it even easier to handle.

bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    You can buy different size widths of elastic at frabric stores. I usually get 1 3/4 inch. Cut it to the length you need and sew it into the back side of any pocket you prefer, using a stitch that leaves the top open. When you slide your knife into that elastic pocket it is held in place and does not print. Depending on the knife, I'll remove the clip which makes it even easier to handle.

Let me make sure I understand. Are you creating a mini pocket for the bottom of the knife? It sounds like you're not creating something that you can clip the knife to.

Da Bing

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Hondolane
    Top Bottom