• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Buckhunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Shelby Co
    I have a chance to pick up an Interarms Mark X chambered in 30-06 (in REALLY good shape). Up until this evening I've had no real knowledge of these rifles. After doing a little bit of research I've seen others speak quite highly of them. I've looked on gun broker and the prices where through the roof on them (which I kinda expected). Does anyone here have experience with these rifles? Any knowledge or thoughts would be helpful. By the way the the tag on the rifle is $400 and that is close to what last years blue book says. Thanks

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    Sounds like a decent price. Interarms was not a manufacturer but rather an importer. The Mark X rifles are a basic Mauser with the receivers made by CZ if I remember correctly. They are very good quality guns, if you want a 30-06 it sounds like you have found a nice one.

fireball168

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Dec 16, 2008
    Clinton
    Zavasta in Yugoslavia builds the rifle that was imported by the Interarms name along with the Charles Daly, and the Remington 798/799.

The Interarms rifles generally had nicer wood and better fit and finish on the metal work. The Charles Daly's were slightly worse, and the Remingtons are comparatively at the bottom of the "barrel" for fit and finish.

All are a modern commercial Mauser 98 actions, modern steel, and fairly straight to the world as delivered.

They make a nice hunting rifle out of the box, or a decent basis for a semi-custom rifle.

If the Interarms has the floorplate release in the triggerbow (not a button on the side), it will demand a premium. The bottom metal alone can bring $125-200 depending on condition.

Whittakers and some MC Sports still have the Charles Daly's in stock, CDNN is blowing out the Remingtons now.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I own an Interarms MK X in .30-06. It is a top notch "old school" rifle with really nice wood and bluing. I bought mine many years ago when I lived in Texas. After sighting it in, I only used it once to kill a deer. I highly recommend it, unless you are in to the bead blast finishes and composite stocks. I think that if the rifle you are looking at is in very good shape, $400 is a very good price. Mine is in nearly new condition and I wouldn't take any where near $400 for mine.

ruger7722

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 1, 2008
    indy
    i got one from england .its 270 win. w/ redfield.very good guns.i bought barreled action and fagen stock.shoots as good as any 270 i have ever seen.i just dont use it anymore.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    i got one from england .its 270 win. w/ redfield.very good guns.i bought barreled action and fagen stock.shoots as good as any 270 i have ever seen.i just dont use it anymore.

Yeah, mine says Alexandria, Virginia with a compass rose logo and Manchester, England with what looks like a CZ logo next to it. I would assume that it was made by CZ.

fireball168

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Dec 16, 2008
    Clinton
    I've been spelling their name wrong.

Here is the link to Google Translator for their website. Note their symbol is pretty close to CZ - but it is not CZ.

Google Translate

Interarms was in Virginia, the Whitworth marked rifles were - at least some - proofed in the UK. All were built in Yugoslavia/Serbia, but may have been stocked elsewhere.

Top Bottom