Interesting new "TV like" streaming site.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    While traveling for business, I stumbled upon an interesting streaming site. Its kinda like Pluto TV where there are channels that play scheduled content to stream to watch "live" TV. But this has many more channels/categories.

It was apparently native to Samsung smart TVs, but you can also watch it in a web browser free.

I'm really digging the 1400s (just above latino section) where I found military history documentaries and Modern Marvels. (the latter is my all time favorite show from the late 90s) I jokingly told my wife I was never coming home because I was enjoying the stream so much.

And they play ads where the commercials were, but not as many as there were commercials back in the day. Because frequently it goes to a screen saver telling you it will be back in x seconds so that it can maintain the 30/60 minute schedule blocks. It is not uncommon to switch to the screen saver 90 seconds out. I'll take the countdown screen over an obnoxious ad any day.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    While traveling for business, I stumbled upon an interesting streaming site. Its kinda like Pluto TV where there are channels that play scheduled content to stream to watch "live" TV. But this has many more channels/categories.

I'm really digging the 1400s where I found military history documentaries and Modern Marvels. (the latter is my all time favorite show from the late 90s)

They have some good channels. Got it included when i bought a 75" Samsung a year or so ago

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central

I'm really digging the 1400s where I found military history documentaries and Modern Marvels. (the latter is my all time favorite show from the late 90s)

Roku TV has this also. We only had off air channels and then one day we turned it on and there were a bunch of channels, this was a number of years back though.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I’ll have to see if my Samsungs will have this. I’m so used to DVRs and premium YouTube though, I’m not sure if I can stand the commercials. :)

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    1403, modern marvels 24/7, 1213 this old house and ask thisnold house although they seem to play the same few seasons over and over.

Fail army and then the animal channel my son loves.

TheGrumpyGuy

Get off my lawn!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 12, 2020
    Too close for comfort
    My 12yo 40" Samsung doesn't have this, but my 7 or 8yo 55" does...unfortunately the 55" got blown out by a lightning strike about a year ago, and I've been too cheap to replace it.

Oddly, the only 2 items that suffered damage from that hit were my modem and the 55" TV; didn't phase my w/l router, firetv cube, blu-ray player, or my 30+ yo Kenwood KC-X1 tuner or KM-X1 6 ch amp, and all were plugged into the same power strip.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    SE Indy

It was apparently native to Samsung smart TVs, but you can also watch it in a web browser free.

I'm really digging the 1400s (just above latino section) where I found military history documentaries and Modern Marvels. (the latter is my all time favorite show from the late 90s) I jokingly told my wife I was never coming home because I was enjoying the stream so much.

And they play ads where the commercials were, but not as many as there were commercials back in the day. Because frequently it goes to a screen saver telling you it will be back in x seconds so that it can maintain the 30/60 minute schedule blocks. It is not uncommon to switch to the screen saver 90 seconds out. I'll take the countdown screen over an obnoxious ad any day.

I think this may just make me cut the cord.....finally. I'm paying xfinity $$225 a month and all I watch is YouTube some local news and the occasional on demand movie. I guess I can cut the cord just not the interwebs cable.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I think this may just make me cut the cord.....finally. I'm paying xfinity $$225 a month and all I watch is YouTube some local news and the occasional on demand movie. I guess I can cut the cord just not the interwebs cable.
    I havent had cable TV in over 10 years. Dont miss it one bit.

ESPECIALLY when I travel and try to watch something on Discovery/TLC/History and its all reality crap.

Top Bottom