• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I'm a fan of incense cones. I really enjoy the smell. Ive found HEM brand is a great value and I really enjoy their scents. They are made in India.

I received my latest refill and discovered something interesting. They appear to be recycling beverage cans it appears.

I buy them by the carton. A carton of 12 boxes of 10 cones. Each box contains a metal disk to burn them on. I actually burn them in a wood log cabin burner I found at an antique store that reminded me of the one Grandma had. So I usually just throw away the disks.

Anyway I noticed something interesting in this last batch. Normally they are just plain pressed disks. Assumingly virgin metal. This latest box, the disk appears to be on its 2nd life.

The left side is the front and back of the older disks. the right hand disk is the back of one of the new ones. I dont care, and actually think its kinda cool that they are actually recycling. But given what I have seen in YT videos of what goes on over there (people doing dangerous heavy industry stuff with no protective gear, in sandals, etc.) , It feels cheap. Like instead of calling a mill and ordering a roll of aluminum sheeting, they sent out kids to collect cans and then cut them open to press disks from trash.

Just thought it was interesting.

recycling.JPG

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    More likely they are factory rejects that are being repurposed.
    It would not be economically feasible to collect, clean and reuse old material.

Top Bottom