• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thesportingclub

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    I live in the Noblesville area. I want to buy a gun online. Is there a gun shop that is receptive to receiving and transferring? I have heard some are not. Thanks!

Mike_Indy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I do not know of any up your way. BeechGrove Firearms will do it, but its a little bit of a drive for you. I think they are around $20.

SubicWarrior1988

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    central
    Should you not be able to connect with a local shop, try Davidsons Gun and use the Gun Genie. It will provide you with quotes of local shops that conduct online business.

galleryofguns.com

ljadayton

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    SW Indy
    Bradis has done all of mine. It WAS $35 IIRC but they're a drive for you as well. They're in Camby but I wouldn't hesitate to use them again.

avengedXT

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 84%
    20   4   1
    Feb 15, 2010
    Behind the V!
    Target Sports of Sheridan, IN is the closest to you IIRC. (also known as His & Hers Target Sports if you google it)

Ron Cooper is the owner and will gladly accept your money to fill out some paperwork! He charges roughly $20 or $25 for Handguns, and $30 or $35 for long guns. Depends on the mood he's in for the day you call and make arrangements. But my father just picked up a handgun recently within the last two or three weeks for a $25 FFL transfer fee which is normal.

You can find some $10 FFL fee's but they're not at all common. B&Z Guns of Plainfield receives firearms for $10 though ;)

frogman342

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2011
    Most shops will be happy to do the transfer for you. It's easy money for them. They send out a fax, receive the gun and you fill out a few forms and they make some quick easy cash.

derrickgoins

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    Westfield
    You might also try Richard's Guns in Fishers or Indy Gun Safety. Both are members on here, believe Richard goes by michiana on here and Randy @ IGS is a site supporter.

mrfjones

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Chico
    You might also try Richard's Guns in Fishers or Indy Gun Safety. Both are members on here, believe Richard goes by michiana on here and Randy @ IGS is a site supporter.

I have done business with Richards Guns and would not hesitate to do so again. Very nice gentleman.

djones

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Greenfield
    transfer

I would think that most shops would not mind getting $25 or so to do a transfer.

If they sell one of their guns they:
    1. order it on their dollar
    2. let it sit on there shelf for who knows how long
    3. clean if off every time somebody handles it
    4. the list goes on and on
    5. In the end they have to fill out the paper work when somebody does buy it all to make probably not much more than how much they charge to do a transfer.

So for the amount of work invested I would think most gun owners would love to take in transfer all day long and I do not blame them one bit.

Why would gun shops get mad about a transfer?

My uncle just did a transfer from Buds to Indiana Gun Club in Fortville and they were more than happy.

Top Bottom