• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

gopher

Sharpshooter
    Feb 13, 2013
    Zionsville, IN

pay_it_forward_now_logo_small-300x181.png

We would like to introduce you to a new faith-based 501(c)3 organization, Pay It Forward Now (PIFN). PIFN was created in 2017 by Brett Thompson and Nick Mason with a mission to get people, particularly youth, back into the outdoors. There has been a major rise in depression, obesity, diabetes, ADHD and other health related issues in American youth. Many studies have shown that being outdoors leads to improvements in all of these areas. PIFN strives to host, facilitate and promote events that get people of all ages outdoors as well as build a social support network for those involved in outdoor activities.

Brett and Nick found that other similar organizations that had been involved with in the past did a decent job of initially getting people outdoors. However, they quickly realized that there was little to no support to keep those people coming back for more outdoor adventures. In short, other organizations lacked “follow through” and “support” after the initial encounter. PIFN will strive to an ongoing source of support and community for those wanting to get back to the outdoors. In pursuit of that goal, we have several programs in the works, so stay tuned!

PIFN currently hosts events such as Dad’s Camp, the Camp Atterbury “Pop Up Target” Pistol Event, an afternoon trip to White Rock Park/St. Paul Cliffs, a Canoe Trip from Laurel to Metamora on the Whitewater River and more.

We also promote events of other area outdoor clubs and organizations such as:

The goal is to get people outdoors again; whether it is with PIFN or another organization, it doesn’t matter.

Let's Get Going!

TheJoker

Expert
    Mar 9, 2010
    Shelby County
    It sounds like a great cause! Thanks for the introduction.

I would have liked to attend the event in St Paul. I spent much of my youth at White Rock, or as we knew it "Triple Lakes".

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I am closing this thread as some info has come to me that this is not what it seems.
    I would not donate to this in any way. Be aware please.
    To my knowledge gopher is not involved in anything under the table. He is a volunteer for this outfit. 308 Jake is also not involved in any wrong doings in this.

Ingo is no longer allowing this outfit to use the forum.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom