Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Confirmation email sent to those whose payment have been received. Will send out others as they arrive. Please be prompt for this class. Hope to be teaching and shooting at 1pm sharp.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    This class is full. Confirmation email has been sent to all students as of 2 minutes ago. See you all on the range.

Tango

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    This class is full. Confirmation email has been sent to all students as of 2 minutes ago. See you all on the range.

I sent payment last week, but I never got an email. So...should I show up tomorrow?

GoDawgs

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    NWI
    Quick review: This was a great class. My marksmanship improved significantly and it was great to try some pseudo-competition type shooting events as I've always wanted to look into that. While our class was fairly big (12+), ACT brought 3 instructions to provide individual instruction during the drills and keep an eye on things. The instructors are anticipating a wide variety of skill levels and they do a good job making everybody feel like they improved a bit.

The best part, I met mjrducky and he let me run a magazine through his full auto machine pistol (maybe a Mac-10?). That was icing on the cake!

All in all, well worth the 65 bucks.

MontereyC6

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Greenwood
    Quick review: This was a great class. My marksmanship improved significantly and it was great to try some pseudo-competition type shooting events as I've always wanted to look into that. While our class was fairly big (12+), ACT brought 3 instructions to provide individual instruction during the drills and keep an eye on things. The instructors are anticipating a wide variety of skill levels and they do a good job making everybody feel like they improved a bit.

The best part, I met mjrducky and he let me run a magazine through his full auto machine pistol (maybe a Mac-10?). That was icing on the cake!

All in all, well worth the 65 bucks.

I'm pretty sure it's a Mac-11, he'll chime in if I'm wrong. :) I wish I'd done a better job of putting faces to screen names as there were alot of InGo and MCFG members there. Shooting against the buzzer is always fun! I'm still glad I pulled off that 1.1 second draw/fire with a solid hit in the A zone! :)

mjrducky

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Jun 16, 2009
    North Liberty, IN
    Great class as always. This class is never the same and each time I can see where I've gotten better and what I need to continue to work on. This class is just great all around for covering everything from basics, defense, competition, and everything in between. I'll see you at the next one.

PS. Yes it was a M11/9. :D

shooter1054

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    South Indianapolis
    Thanks to Coach and Rhino with an assist from BigCraig! MCFG is glad to have you give another quality class. As always, safety is of greatest concern when the class is large, and you pulled it off without a hitch. Also, thanks to all the students today for being safe, and courteous. Excellent material, and presentation. And thank you Eric for letting me have a go at your M-11. One of these days I'm going to get my own stamp(s).

Tango

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Excellent class! I always walk away from an ACT course with at least a few things that I need to improve.

Great time too!

JFrost

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    Plainfield
    Another great program. How great? I couldn't keep the stupid grin off my face!

This program seemed to encompass all the fundamentals needed for successful shooting, with generous overlap between target shooting, timed competition shooting, and self defense. A strong emphasis on speed was only eclipsed by that of accuracy; which lead to a day long search for a balance between the two. Throughout the day the pace was kept fast and each drill was consistently more demanding.

We shot strong hand, weak hand, fast, slow, groups of one, three, seven, and even nine targets. With obstructions and without, while moving, reloading, switching hands, and one where we started with our backs to the targets. The only thing we didn’t do was kneel or go prone. Almost all of it was 'from the holster'.

The instruction was excellent and having taken these two classes I'm confident that, with practice, I now have all the basics needed to become a very good shooter. And if not, the fault will lie with me.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    I felt very good about the IP101 class at the end of the day. I hope that everyone got enough shooting in throughout the day. Joe, Joseph and Craig were a huge help with things and I appreciate it.

The class was very safe and very coachable throughout the day and the marksmanship was good as well. I hope everyone had at least one momment when the light went on. The fundamental of the class are always the same but the drills tend to change and evolve and part of that is because there are some repeat students and I want them to get something new as well.

Bottom line is you have to be safe, and you have to get your hits and you have to be able to do it fast. Most all of us have the ability to do it, but it takes practice and it is a skill set that must be maintained.

Rhino has a rifle course coming up. Well worth taking.
    We will have a low light course in December well worth taking.

areyale

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2011
    Excellent instructors, great training, positive experience and a warm class as a group. Thank you. Hope to see you again in some other class.

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    Don't forget the DP101 class coming up in Warsaw on the 29th. Take what you've learned and apply it to using your pistol for the defense of yourself and those in your care.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Don't forget the DP101 class coming up in Warsaw on the 29th. Take what you've learned and apply it to using your pistol for the defense of yourself and those in your care.

A few folks asked what is the next step. DP101 is a good next step. Everyone who attended IP101 is more than capable for doing the DP 101 course.:patriot:

Don't forget the low light class coming in early December. Where else do you get to practice in the dark?:ingo:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Thanks to all of you for joining us, having open minds, and being safe! It was good seeing some familiar faces (and noting their excellent progress) as well getting to meet some new shootin' buddies.

Top Bottom