3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    IP 101 March 13, 2011

What: Intermediate Pistol 101
    When: Sunday, March 13, 2011 1pm to 5 pm
    Where: Bright Range Greencastle, IN
    Round Count: 150-300 rounds
    Cost: $45 if paid in full prior to course. $55 if only a deposit paid.

If interested please email me for registration forms. Your spot will be reserved when form and payment are returned. Directions to the range will be emailed to you when payment is received.

Course description:

This course is a great tune up for those wanting to take a defensive pistol course, or looking to improve in competitive pistol shooting. The subject covered will be the draw stroke, transferring the gun from one hand to the other, calling shots, snapping the eyes, trigger control, strong and weak hand shooting. There is no classroom session for this course. It is all done on the range.

This course will be offered following ACT's BP100.

Last edited:

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Training

This class is this weekend. My records show everyone was emailed directions to the range and a confirmation. If not please email me directly. Don't forget to change your clocks Saturday night. Last forecast I saw showed dry. Dress for the temperature. Classroom will be heated.

DaveD

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    Greencastle
    Dry it was, but cold.

We had a ball out there. Kathy and Kristina enjoyed the day and want to keep practicing what they learned. I just need to keep us in ammo now and yes, I need to buy a replacement handgun of my own. I lost my Glock 26 to Kathy and Kristina still needs one. Can't talk either one of them into an 8 shot 357 Mag wheel gun :rolleyes: something about cannon.

Being the only wheel gunner out there, I couldn't keep up too well on some of the drills (they don't make speed loaders for my mine).

Coach, my apologies for dinging your target holder (thankfully I was only using 38 +P and not the 357 loads). Obviously I let a desire for speed compromise my sight picture on that one!

We'll be back!

Dave

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Dry it was, but cold.

We had a ball out there. Kathy and Kristina enjoyed the day and want to keep practicing what they learned. I just need to keep us in ammo now and yes, I need to buy a replacement handgun of my own. I lost my Glock 26 to Kathy and Kristina still needs one. Can't talk either one of them into an 8 shot 357 Mag wheel gun :rolleyes: something about cannon.

Being the only wheel gunner out there, I couldn't keep up too well on some of the drills (they don't make speed loaders for my mine).

Coach, my apologies for dinging your target holder (thankfully I was only using 38 +P and not the 357 loads). Obviously I let a desire for speed compromise my sight picture on that one!

We'll be back!

Dave
    No worries on the stand. That bothered me long ago but not any longer. It has happend often and when it breaks it can be fixed. Glad you all found it to be valuable. It was nice meeting you all.

DaveD

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    Greencastle
    When my Dad signed me up for the pistol classes I had no idea they would be so much fun!
    I learned a lot and feel much more comfortable with the pistol. I especially learned that I can shoot the pistol with one hand:), though with my weak hand I really have to concentrate and remember to smoothly press the trigger. I get a bit tense and want to just jerk the trigger because I am a bit shy of the kick.
    It was a very easy comfortable atmosphere and therefore easy to learn.
    I definantly hope to take more courses in the future!
    Kathy

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    When my Dad signed me up for the pistol classes I had no idea they would be so much fun!
    I learned a lot and feel much more comfortable with the pistol. I especially learned that I can shoot the pistol with one hand:), though with my weak hand I really have to concentrate and remember to smoothly press the trigger. I get a bit tense and want to just jerk the trigger because I am a bit shy of the kick.
    It was a very easy comfortable atmosphere and therefore easy to learn.
    I definantly hope to take more courses in the future!
    Kathy

You and your sister did great in the class. I know you can shoot faster and just as accurate. I hope to get you to do it down the road at some point. Thanks for coming to the class and thanks for posting.

Word to the wise... You don't want Kathy shooting at you.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Thanks to all who participated ... we weren't joking when we praised you as a group for being safe and for good marksmanship!

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    We used USPSA targets. Shooters Connection is another good place to get them.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Hondolane
    Top Bottom