• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • trophyhunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 2, 2008
    South Bend
    Never seen Iranian surplus 06', I'd be concerned running it in an M1 if it's to far off m2 ball specs.
    Anyone know why they had it in the first place, were they using the Garands as well when this was loaded?

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    I'm not sure about this ammo for the Garand. The folks at the CMP will know for sure. SG buyers come up with stuff and they are not technically qualified to know the difference. I would tend to think that the CMP does not have any of this because it is not suitable for the Garand. But I really don't know for sure.

If you buy some, do you have a bolt gun to shoot it out of?

Last edited:

03A3

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Shaker Prairie
    I haven't ever found any meaningful info on the Iranian 30-06 ammo. Gunman may very well be right about the Iranians using it with the FN49 and I know nothing about the FN49.
    I believe that if I had a batch of Iranian ammo and a Garand that I would tune down the gas system with an adjustable gas plug in order to play it safe.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Imam speaking: Let me understand this ammo, Abdullah. You want me to ship this to those yankee dogs? Oh, I see, some rounds are loaded with what kind of powder? Sure, go ahead and ship the ammo. Those Americans will think we are doing them a favor shipping inexpensive ammo, but after about 10 rounds when everyone starts to drop like flies... oh Abdullah, you should get some virgins just for thinking about this.

Somehow the thought of Iranian ammo in the USA scares the heck out of me. Maybe I am just paranoid, or ...

03A3

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Shaker Prairie
    At the time the ammo was produced they were our friends.
    That basically means we put a puppet goverment in place, then gave them lots of money and good stuff. There may be a pile of Garands ect over there yet??
    Probably a good question is how this ammo was stored in Iran, and the other (hot) places it's been since leaving Iran.

sporter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southern, Indiana
    I would not hesitate to buy this ammo for the Garand.

At the time this was produced they were probably still allies of the US and it was probably manufactured for use in US provided arms such as the Garand or 1919.

sporter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southern, Indiana
    I'm not sure about this ammo for the Garand. The folks at the CMP will know for sure. SG buyers come up with stuff and they are not technically qualified to know the difference. I would tend to think that the CMP does not have any of this because it is not suitable for the Garand. But I really don't know for sure.

If you buy some, do you have a bolt gun to shoot it out of?

CMP not having any would not be a determining factor for purchase, as they would not buy it at the price that it is being imported at and they have a ton of Greek in their coffers.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    CMP not having any would not be a determining factor for purchase, as they would not buy it at the price that it is being imported at and they have a ton of Greek in their coffers.

You might be right, I just know that all my Garands are precious and I wouldn't shoot this Iranian stuff unless I talk to Oren first.

Even though the CMP is not selling it, I'm sure he knows about it.

Top Bottom