• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • $mooth

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Texas
    I used the term precision free fall bomb to denote something like a JDAM, which is just a free fall bomb with a precision kit strapped onto it, not a purpose built precision munition. However, i believe the British don't use JDAMs, but have something similar.

I can see that. All bombs are technically free fall. If they were powered, they'd be missiles or rockets.

That's an awful lot of fire for HE. Did they hit some fuel too, or was that some kind of incendiary bomb?

Either way, flying a harrier, which requires 3 hands, at 3,000 ft, without looking where you're going, is a feat in and of itself.

I can't see the video from work, but I've seen some where a Hellfire leaves an explosion like that because it ignites IEDs. However, I don't believe the UK Harriers can carry hellfires (I'm more familiar with the US AV-8B than the UK GRs). So it must have been a AGM-65 Maverick or a Laser guided Paveway.

Harriers are the loudest aircraft I've been around by far, but standoff range definitely helps in not being detected.

D-Ric902

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    OK, I'm gonna say it. don't get mad or anything

It helps when the people you are fighting are idiots

Top Bottom