Is it a population threshold that triggers violent crime or what?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Richie (the punk) Daley spent a truckload of money on a scattered site housing experiment. The idea was that if you put public housing people into stable neighborhoods they would not "have to" act like thugs. Every stable neighborhood where the problems from the housing projects were inserted, quickly became very troubled, some failed and never recovered. (My house was one of them) Many apartment buildings that housed stable and peaceful citizens, became crime infested and now sit vacant. Once again, the productive, law abiding citizens lost everything while the democrap machine grew richer.

Responsible, hard working people with jobs just cannot keep up with taxpayer supported, immoral people who have all day and all night, 365 days a year to kill, steal and destroy. Sadly, in that mix are a small percentage of people that would like to change, but they are terrified to take a stand and terrified to help the Police, even if they saw the whole crime happen. They are often torn because they have a child or grandchild involved.
    Spot on. There is logic to it, given how the project housing which concentrated these people caused their bad behavior to reinforce each other, so the assumption was diluting them into the community would have the opposite effect. Unfortunately in real life, rot is a one way process. It's not a pleasant or idealistic fact.

Since we're all generally in agreement that we don't want America to start operating gas chambers, eventually we're going to have to figure out someplace to put all these people. We can have one barrel full of rotten apples or 50 barrels slowly rotting.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Size has nothing to do with it. For comparison, I will take 2 cities that are 30 minutes apart - Holland and Muskegon MI.

I live in Holland MI. Population 34,024. Median income is $65,071. Poverty rate is 8.78%. Racial makeup is White (87%), Hispanic (6.21%), Black (1.2%), Other (2.6%). Home ownership is 84.4%. Crime rate 1:55.

Muskegon MI population is 37,317. Median income is $35,323. Poverty rate is 25%. Racial makeup is White (49.5%), Black (31.6%), Hispanic (10.3%), Other (6.07%). Home ownership is 49.9%. Crime rate is 1:31.

Two cities about 30 minutes apart, and roughly same population. Very different crime rates.
    First, I would like to say that my wife and I have always enjoyed stopping in Holland, MI on our tours up the coast. Looks like a great place.

Lets not forget the Indiana neighbors in South Bend, Indiana where Pete buttergig did such a great job that he now serves on the presidents cabinet. He can really show us how it is done;
    South Bend, IN Crime Rates and Statistics - NeighborhoodScout

With a crime rate of 47 per one thousand residents, South Bend has one of the highest crime rates in America compared to all communities of all sizes - from the smallest towns to the very largest cities. One's chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime here is one in 21.

Last edited:

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Spot on. There is logic to it, given how the project housing which concentrated these people caused their bad behavior to reinforce each other, so the assumption was diluting them into the community would have the opposite effect. Unfortunately in real life, rot is a one way process. It's not a pleasant or idealistic fact.

Since we're all generally in agreement that we don't want America to start operating gas chambers, eventually we're going to have to figure out someplace to put all these people. We can have one barrel full of rotten apples or 50 barrels slowly rotting.
    Ok, so gas chambers bad, concentration camps good, got it.

On a long enough timeline, it should all work itself out.
    It just takes longer than we want to see results. If a generation reaped what it sowed, instead of passing the punishment on, a lot of people would straighten up.

Instead, the smart ones flee, and the stats get worse.

Where does it end? How does the violence we hear about in Indy every day, end? 50% of the bad guys dead?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    Two cities about 30 minutes apart, and roughly same population. Very different crime rates.
    I like your analysis. I just want to point out that for all the similarities of geographic location and population size there exist a disparity in the income and racial makeup. Perhaps one or both contribute to the variance in crime rates. Perhaps one begets the other?? I enjoyed my time in Holland, MI circa 1986. Wooden Shoes!

Where does it end? How does the violence we hear about in Indy every day, end? 50% of the bad guys dead?
    More and more I believe it ends in the streets. What to do with a population that doesn't fear death, isn't remorseful of murder and has no intent to live a life without "hitting a lick" ? Fifty percent would be a good start.

Gunmetalgray

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 14, 2021
    not lost, wandering...
    In the meantime, spend more & more taxpayer money to hire 100K's more gov employees to monitor surveillance cameras purchased & installed in every nook & cranny, Flock car/driver identification cameras on every city road, track everyone's movement, social media posts, spending habits, throw more $ on the AI bandwagon to presumably predict when someone's going to go postal, etc, etc..... only to catch and release. Doesn't make sense. But then again, look at all that data they'll have on ALL their subjects, oh, I mean citizens.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Instead, the smart ones flee, and the stats get worse.

Gary, Indiana, from 1967 to 1997. That is an example of where it ends. 100,000 law abiding taxpayers gone, 32 beautiful public schools closed, thousands of businesses gone. 10's of thousands of homes destroyed. The whole rest of the state being robbed to pump money into the cesspool. With nothing left worth stealing in Gary, crime has drifted to neighboring communities. The pleasant memories of my childhood were in Gary.

The primary purpose of government is to keep the place safe for the good citizens to keep producing and building a good life for the whole community. Nothing prospers in a war zone.

Last edited:

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    When an unwed 16 year old girl with no functional adult skills gives birth to a fatherless child and calls it freedom day, we know we went the wrong way. Once she gives birth, she gets her own welfare and housing, and more kids makes more money. That system is designed to build dependent democratic voters. That is more cruel slavery than before the Civil war. Horrible. We have been paying young children to breed more wards of the state for 5 generations.

The first step.......quit subsidizing what you don't want !

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    I'll just leave this here.

When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

Top Bottom