• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hooker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2011
    NW IN
    Last week when I was cleaning my G23, I noticed that when the action was locked open, I could still pull the trigger. On my 27, I could not. I am thinking there might be something wrong with the safety? Does it need to be repaired?

Bluedragon

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    My Glock 19 can have the trigger pulled when the slide is locked back. As far as I know nothing is broken, as my other Glocks could do it as well. Though I was told it's not good to make a habit out of it.

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    Read the manual.

It is not broken. It is however highly recommended that you do not pull the trigger with the slide locked back. When the slide is back the part of the trigger safety that retracts into the recess in the grip is resting against the front strap. Pulling the trigger repeatedly in this configuration will lead to unnecessary wear on the trigger safety and an eventual need to replace the trigger and trigger bar assembly. As my instructor said on more than one occasion."It's your gun, you bought it, I don't care if you cut it in half with a hacksaw,......but I don't recommend it". :)

Last edited:

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    haha glock safety. I carry glock because they DONT have *(manual, external, switch/lever, on/off)* safeties. Cant stand em.

Havent been able to get my 19 or 27 to do that though... sorry :dunno: call glock and ask 1-770-432-1202

Last edited:

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    haha glock safety. I carry glock because they DONT have safeties. Cant stand em.

Read your manual. Actually there are three safeties on a Glock pistol. All three are deactivated sequentialy when operating the trigger to fire the pistol. 1. Trigger safety deactivated when you begin to squeeze the trigger. 2. Firing pin safety removed by rearward movement of cam on top of trigger bar depressing the firing pin safety plunger. And 3. Drop safety removed when cruciform on trigger bar clears the drop safety platform during rearward movement of the trigger bar. You are correct in that there are no external independent safeties requiring a separate action to deactivate in order to fire the pistol. :)

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    You read too far into that vince. I know they have safeties, just not the kind that get in the way (for me, im sure those who train with them are perfectly proficient, just not my cup of tea IMHO).

3888715693_6166b7f992.jpg

Hooker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2011
    NW IN
    Okay thanks. I knew I would get more glock jokes than serious responses, but they were still good for a laugh. I appreciate the effort.

Vince I tried to read that a few times and understand it, but my head started to swim. Of course, I did have 3 Jack and Cokes with dinner. I will take your word for it.

I hereby declair that my Glocks are still awesome and in perfect working condition :rockwoot:

Ronald

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2011
    I'd check for you but my Glock is out in the car. Try pulling the trigger without tripping the trigger safety. If it won't go back, then I would say it's ok.

image004.jpg

Hooker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2011
    NW IN
    Thanks Ronald, I did try that and it did not go back.

Just wanted to make sure I didn't miss something and shoot my foot off....or someone elses. lol

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    Thanks Ronald, I did try that and it did not go back.

Just wanted to make sure I didn't miss something and shoot my foot off....or someone elses. lol

Inconceivable! With THREE safeties? That's like saying you could stick it in an old leather holster and your three safeties would somehow fail to ... Well keep your ass safe.

:popcorn:

Top Bottom