• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    I recently was sent an invitation to join a website that offers discounts on various name brand items for vets, students, etc. Just curious if anyone has any experience with this site or even if it is a legit offer. They want me to send them a DD-214 for proof of affiliation, one with SSN# intact or fill out an online application for them to obtain your military records as proof. Just thought I'd throw this at you to see if anyone could offer any info. Thanks.

https://www.id.me

cook5oh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    Pretty sure .me is the top level domain for the country of montenegro. Not so sure i would hand that kind of info out to a domain such as that.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    One of my general rules for life:

Any uninvited solicitation I get, especially those wanting ID theft type information, I ignore and/or runaway from.

cook5oh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    If it looks suspicious, it probably is. Unless its Prince Kamara from the Nigerian republic. He told me I just need to send in two more checks and and i will finally get my 10,000,000 dollars that was heir-ed to me by my very distant and unknown cousin. I cant wait!!! :spend:

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    FWIW, a lot of reputable companies, both American based and internationally, pay a premium for the .me domain.

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    Pretty sure .me is the top level domain for the country of montenegro. Not so sure i would hand that kind of info out to a domain such as that.

QFT

Since 2008, Montenegro’s national Internet extension, .ME, has been taking the domain world by storm. Named fastest growing European ccTLD in a 2012 report, .ME has become increasingly popular with companies such as Facebook (fb.me), WordPress (wp.me), Visa (v.me) and Time Inc. (ti.me) and for personal blogs alike.

Top Bottom