Isn't it considered bad manners to back out of a deal?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I answered an ad on Armslist several years ago and it was my last.
    The seller had two pistols for sale and had a good asking price, but wanted to sell as a package. He said he was selling because he was "facing a felony".
    I asked what he meant and he said he had a court date set and he was positive the judge was going to strip him of his gun rights.
    I tried to tell him to wait until the court had made a decision, but no, he was going to get rid of the guns one way or another BEFORE the court date.
    O.k.
    I really didn't want both but bought them because I really wanted one of them.
    A couple of months later I sold the one I did not want and recouped some of my outlay.

All is good, for another month or so, when I get a phone call one afternoon from the guy that sold me the guns.
    He said the judge had dropped the charges against him so now he wanted to buy HIS guns back, at the same price he sold them to me!

I asked him if he was high on something.
    He had never mentioned interest in buying them back at the time of sale, and if he had, I would have walked out the door.
    I told him that not only did I not want to sell them back, but I only had one of the two.
    He seemed surprised and disappointed that I sold one!
    Some people are just nuts.

Reactions: Mij

gassprint1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    And this is one of the reasons that when people complain about our classified rules, I laugh. I am on other National gun boards where the seller would be forced to go through with the deal or be banned permanently.
    Be forced to sell something you changed your mind about or be banned, I'd probably tell ya where to go if i was in that sellers forum.. force someone to sell or else.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Be forced to sell something you changed your mind about or be banned, I'd probably tell ya where to go if i was in that sellers forum.. force someone to sell or else.
    If you post something for sale, agree on a price, agree on a time and place, and then back out...

You don't see a problem with that?

gassprint1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    If you post something for sale, agree on a price, agree on a time and place, and then back out...

You don't see a problem with that?
    No i don't. Things happen or come up. Does it suck, yea it does. I've had alot of no shows on things i was selling. Used to get pissed, but now i just go about my day and if they dhow, they show. The OP explained things and it lasted 2 months when communicating happened again. So the guy changed his mind and now is made out to be a bad guy. If the deal didn't or wasn't happening after a week and you missed out on other deals..well thats on you

gassprint1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    I answered an ad on Armslist several years ago and it was my last.
    The seller had two pistols for sale and had a good asking price, but wanted to sell as a package. He said he was selling because he was "facing a felony".
    I asked what he meant and he said he had a court date set and he was positive the judge was going to strip him of his gun rights.
    I tried to tell him to wait until the court had made a decision, but no, he was going to get rid of the guns one way or another BEFORE the court date.
    O.k.
    I really didn't want both but bought them because I really wanted one of them.
    A couple of months later I sold the one I did not want and recouped some of my outlay.

All is good, for another month or so, when I get a phone call one afternoon from the guy that sold me the guns.
    He said the judge had dropped the charges against him so now he wanted to buy HIS guns back, at the same price he sold them to me!

I asked him if he was high on something.
    He had never mentioned interest in buying them back at the time of sale, and if he had, I would have walked out the door.
    I told him that not only did I not want to sell them back, but I only had one of the two.
    He seemed surprised and disappointed that I sold one!
    Some people are just nuts.
    Thats some funny stuff.. the guy should've took your advice in the beginning to wait.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    No i don't. Things happen or come up. Does it suck, yea it does. I've had alot of no shows on things i was selling. Used to get pissed, but now i just go about my day and if they dhow, they show. The OP explained things and it lasted 2 months when communicating happened again. So the guy changed his mind and now is made out to be a bad guy. If the deal didn't or wasn't happening after a week and you missed out on other deals..well thats on you
    :rolleyes:

Top Bottom