• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mjblazor

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 28, 2011
    I now have (2) of these little guns I inherited from an uncle and my dad. I have not shot either of these and I need to get some ammo, or do I? Has anyone shot a Galesi and can you share experience on what to expect? Are they a viable vest pocket / cargo shorts gun or should I just leave in safe? I appreciate any comments, reviews, etc..., on this little pistol.

NavyVet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 31, 2011
    Marshall County
    Have one of these little guys. Takes .25acp... Been able to get it at some local gun shops.

Great little pocket carry, but can take a bite out of the fleshy part of the hand if held a little too high. Not sure of its stopping power, but a good little shooter.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I would leave them in the safe. .25 is very sub-par as a self defense round. It doesn't have the penetration power to get through bone and even a head shot isn't a reliable stopper. I've seen several people hit with it, only one was fatal, and he had absorbed 7 rounds, 5 at almost contact distance directly into his face. Most weren't even reliable stops. People able to drive themselves to the hospital with a torso hit, for example.

If you do insist on .25acp, I'd suggest gut shots. You aren't going to get a reliable physical stop, but gut shots are painful, there's no bone so you're going to get as much penetration as you are ever going to get, and you may get a psychological stop faster than a less painful, and no more physically damaging, chest hit.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    thatjimboguy
    Top Bottom