• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Italian made Berettas are great. I like the stainless 92fs myself....... Most of the Italian guns are (were) made without plastic parts where the USA guns had plastic. I'm not suggesting that one is inferior to the other, but rather that some folks would prefer the metal over plastic.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    I've got a 92FS. I can't really speak to the Italian vs. American thing, since I don't have an Italian, but mine is a good pistol. A bit large perhaps, but a very good pistol. You'll probably find more info on the Beretta forum. Yes, there is a whole forum dedicated to Berettas. Just do a quick google search and you'll find it. LOTS of info there.

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    I have an Italian made 92 FS and a friend has a US made 92FS. He liked mine better. He said it felt a little better and shot better than his. I couldnt tell a difference between the two (I'm a handgun noobie).

Osobuco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Sep 4, 2010
    IMHO - for me the Beretta 92fs is one of the best full size sa/da 9mm made.

I own a blued 92fs made in italy and love it. I also own a stainless 96 INOX made in italy and it too is awesome - in fact I think it is the best 40 out there.

I have handled the USA made guns and they are very nice as well. For INOX versions the USA made have a few non-stainless parts where Italian guns are all stainless/alloy.

For me - I would buy the italian even though they usually command a slight premium over USA made.

Finally - I love the 92fs so much that I am in the market for a 92FS INOX to complement my blued version:D

christman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2010
    Terra Haute
    I own both, but haven't shot more than 1k out of either yet to tell you much about longevity. However, for having owned both guns with under 1k usage, I couldn't tell a difference to which is better functionality wise either. Both flawless so far.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Do not pay a premium for an Italian-made Beretta. Reason being that right now, Beretta USA's production capacity is entirely tied up with the USMC M9A1 contract, so they are filling orders for the US commercial market with Italian-made pistols. Just because a Beretta is Italian made doesn't make it rare or collectible, as some would have you believe.

Beretta claims there is no quality or accuracy difference between the Italian and US-made guns. I can't speak to that one way or the other, but current Italian-made 92s still have the plastic parts. You might want to look for an older (i.e. used) gun if you want to avoid that.

My :twocents:

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Like shooter521 said, there are no differences between Italian and US versions other than the markings. As for the plastic parts, they are really metal parts with plastic coatings. Seems it is easier (read cheaper) to get a good finish on a thin layer of plastic than it is on an all metal part.

Beretta 92s are great pistols, very accurate, reliable, and durable.

kylerudibaugh

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2010
    I bought a 92fs last year. It is italian made b/c of the .gov contract, i have no complaints about the gun and it does have a couple of plastic parts. Overall good gun and very accurate. Would recommend this to anybody.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    From my understanding the finish on the Italian 92's is a little better. Other then that, there is no real difference. I have a Limited Edition 92, and it's a good pistol. It's what I carried in the service.

Milkshakeed

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Indianapolis
    hanks for the info guys. I will look for that Beretta forum. I was thinking of a an older all metal version.

What is the differance between the 92 and the 96? Cal.? Is the 92 the 9mm and the 96 a 40?

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I want to buy a BERETTA 92 with a frame mounted safety

Then you are looking for the original Model 92 (no letter) the impossible to find Beretta "STOCK", impossible to find "Combat", or the almost impossible to find Billennium.

I believe those are the only Series 92 that had a frame mounted safety.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    Then you are looking for the original Model 92 (no letter) the impossible to find Beretta "STOCK", impossible to find "Combat", or the almost impossible to find Billennium.

I believe those are the only Series 92 that had a frame mounted safety.

YES, I'm looking for the "O L D" BERETTA 92, I think it's a better gun than the newer 92 with the small & harder to use slide safety

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    The original 92 does pop up every now and then on Gunbroker. Alternately if you don't mind Taurus, their PT-92 copy has a frame mounted safety.

Top Bottom