It's legal, they don't like it, so it is a loophole.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sanguine Samurai

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Indiana
    I just finished listening to the the latest speech Obama made regarding his new gun task force he has made to spend more money beating a dead horse. Nothing about the what he said settled well with me as I am sure that it did not with, "... the vast majority of responsible, law abiding, gun owners...".

Oddly enough the one thing that he said that is still bugging the crap out of me is he is still going on about the supposed "gun show loophole". While all of the subtopics that he talked about struck a different nerve like the strings of a guitar, this subtopic is the one that stuck in my head afterword. I know this has been discussed over and over. I figured I would beat my own dead horse for free on the Internet. I guess I am writing this in the hope that someone on google or some other search engine happens to read this if they happen to be searching the gun show loophole topic. It is legal (at least from what I understand in the state of Indiana, USA, although I am not a lawyer, claim to be one, or play one on TV) to sell a firearm person to person without the interference of a FFL or the local, state, or federal government. It doesn't matter if it is in one's home, in a parking lot, in a tree house, or at a gun show. The only reason it is considered a loophole is because those officials who do not like the fact that this act is legal have nicknamed the freedom a loophole to make the freedom out to sound as though it is an ethically or morally irresponsible act. The thought process behind this is if the law does not state that an act is legal then it should be illegal. Fortunately for us this is not the case.

Good luck to all in the future!

Top Bottom