• ...and so much more!
  • jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I carry a 1911 with vz grips IWB CC (100% of the time when I carry).
    Today I noticed that my T-Shirt had a few small holes on the bottom right.
    Look like someone had used a needle and made small holes on my shirt. Was a bit POed that my shirt was damaged like this. :xmad: So I was going to get another one (2nd favorite) and also noticed the same holes. Looked at a polo shirt that I tend to wear when I CC and the same thing. All in the same location (lower right).

I figured it was my 1911 on the grips perhaps so I put the 1st T-shirt back on but the holes did not match up until I sat down then the holes match to where the 1911 sits/is on my hip.

Has anyone else experienced this? Suspect there is not much I can do is there? The holes are from the friction of the shirt getting snagged on the grips or the movement of the shirt on the grips thru-out the course of the day right?

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    You could OC! :D

Actually, my shirts wear in about the same place. My jeans also wear a bit from the muzzle (OC or CC). One of the expenses of carrying. My poor seatbelt in the Jeep is worn, too.

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    Sharp checkering and aggressive grips will eat your clothes. It's just how it is. For a daily carry gun you don't want sharp surfaces on the gun. So you can either defang the gun or watch it eat your clothing. Detectives learned this many years ago and had their guns defanged. (or had their tailor sew a leather patch into their jacket lining) This is why I checkered all of my 1911s in 30 LPI. 20 LPI is great on the range but it's like carrying a wood rasp in your waistband. (Eldirector, if your seat belt is getting frayed and worn you really need to replace it with a new one and put a sleeve over it. Don't buy one from a junkyard. You can use a section of the old frayed belt to make a sleeve. Seat belts exposed to ultraviolet are only good for a few years and then will rot and weaken. Add fraying to that and there is a very good chance they will fail) I have driven a Jeep since 96 and have now replaced the belts 3 times. The old ones were rotted from weather.

Last edited:

TLHelmer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Evansville area
    Look like someone had used a needle and made small holes on my shirt. Was a bit POed that my shirt was damaged like this. :xmad: So I was going to get another one (2nd favorite) and also noticed the same holes. Looked at a polo shirt that I tend to wear when I CC and the same thing. All in the same location (lower right).

I figured it was my 1911 on the grips perhaps so I put the 1st T-shirt back on but the holes did not match up until I sat down then the holes match to where the 1911 sits/is on my hip.

Has anyone else experienced this? Suspect there is not much I can do is there? The holes are from the friction of the shirt getting snagged on the grips or the movement of the shirt on the grips thru-out the course of the day right?

I get the same thing with my shirts. My 5.11 polo style shirts have been shredded by the rough texture.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Try going with the Hogue grips or buy more t-shirts.

Looks like I'm going to have to buy more t-shirts.
    I like my vz-grips and I'm not sure I can really sell them anyways.
    How on earth would want pink 1911 grips. :D
    1911_betty_02.jpg

Not really willing to give up the level of roughness that they provide anyways. So for now at least its buy more Ts.

I see that the Hogue grips are rubber based. Hum.. have not tried that type before might have to give them a try one day.

victor 1971

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2009
    The region
    You definately need to rotate your clothing better but can you be THAT upset about carrying your gun with you everywhere? It's an honor to have those little holes in your clothing! Only in America, brother!:patriot:

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana

My holes are usually from the hammer/beavertail.

Another vote to switch to OC to ease the cost of wardrobe damage!

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    ^^^^^ And that's how the fight started!:fogey: :runaway:

He is from Bloomington! Is that even in Indiana? ;) We NWI folks only consider NWI the real Indiana. We know there are some people you like to steal our money down in Indy but for the rest of the state it's nothing but corn and a few crazy rednecks. :laugh:

Another vote to switch to OC to ease the cost of wardrobe damage!

Would OC not do the same thing just from the "outside" of the cloths as oppose to the inside of the cloths since it's really the grips that are doing it?

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    Bloomington is actually a town of college kids that are for the most part so dumb that you can not even believe it and Professors so intellectual and arrogant that it makes you want to puke. Outside of town we have woods so full of deer that it's dangerous to drive a vehicle on the roads. (I've killed several with my Jeep. I actually saw a guy hit one with an airplane at 100 MPH on a runway. Shoulda seen the mess that made.) The roads are also completely clogged up with bicyclists dressed in spandex going 10 MPH with stupid idiots in cars on their cell phones trying to pass the bicyclists while going around a curve over a blind hill. Interesting place to live. Come on down and check us out.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Now we know why he CC's vs OC's ;)

In all seriousness, it is different, and cool all at the same time.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:
    Hey this way if it is ever stolen (I hope NOT) I can very quickly find it since it's probably the only pink 1911 in NWI. :D

In terms of why I don't OC. Well I'm afraid of the reactions I might get being brown and OCing. Best to remain low key.:)

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    He is from Bloomington! Is that even in Indiana? ;) We NWI folks only consider NWI the real Indiana. We know there are some people you like to steal our money down in Indy but for the rest of the state it's nothing but corn and a few crazy rednecks. :laugh:

Would OC not do the same thing just from the "outside" of the cloths as oppose to the inside of the cloths since it's really the grips that are doing it?

Dunno, I never heard of grips doing that. I have rubber hogue grips on my 1911 and I really like them. Like I said I think most of my issues are from banging the gun into objects when my shirt is over it.

Top Bottom